I have been on "Benefits for the last 13 years due to permanent disability. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have been on "Benefits for the last 13 years due to permanent disability.

Options
simon1234bunny
simon1234bunny Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My question is this? I receive income support and pip! Should I be getting further support? Oh and I get CTB and HB

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm assuming your partner claims carers allowance for looking after you, which is the reason why you're claiming Income Support?

Best thing you can do is pop all your details into a benefits calculator or visit your local CAB for a full benefits check. However, you could possibly be claiming all you can claim but i can't confirm that without knowing all of your exactly details, which isn't possible on an internet forum.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @simon1234bunny and welcome to the community. :)

It would depend on your individual circumstances so popping your details into a benefit calculator like Poppy has suggested is probably your best option. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.