Diagnosis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Diagnosis

tinka1992
tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
So i applied for pip still waiting for my MR apeal had my Diagnosis I have personalalty disorder borderline I have told pip let them know I had been waiting since Jan this year for proper Diagnosis went for a medcail in may will I have to start whole new pip fourm 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @tinka1992, hello and welcome, as a person trying to claim PIP you must be award and know that PIP is a benefit to help claimants with their daily living activities in relation to the PIP descriptors. PIP is not about your illnesses, disability or diagnosis only about your abilities to do preform the tasks activities, the PIP descriptors in a safe, repeatedly and in a timely manner for 50% of you your live. So your new diagnosis will or may not have an impact on your MR or tribunal should you take it this far.
  • tinka1992
    I'm in MR progress now iv been told a while ago it's best to make a new claim as its stressful.waiitng for this pip apeal dwp awarded me 4points so didnt get the points I should have so i done mr and still.waiting making me even more poorly waiting 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Starting a new claim using the same evidence you previously used will very likely see you being refused again. My advice is still with the MR and then Tribunal if that fails.

There's no timescales for MR decisions. Once a decision's been made you'll receive a decision letter, if the decision hasn't changed (most don't) then it's Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tinka1992
    I'm gonna wait the mr out it's so stressful waiting the lady who help me with apeal says pip have had kick up the **** or something as they not awarding alot of people 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember we mostly only here the bad stories. Lots of people are successfully awarded without any problems.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I wish you the best of luck with your claim, and please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.