MP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MP

Options
jennicook
jennicook Community member Posts: 19 Connected
hi have sent off for tribunal and decided to contact mp etc. Having* read my emails,medical evidence etc has offered to write a letter of support for tribunal however it’s still a 60 week wait , I was wondering will this help at tribunal thanks in advance 

Comments

• michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Anything you produce will help. Dr, Consultant, Friends and Family. Good Luck.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

My opinion is, it will only be useful if your local MP knows you well enough to tell them how your conditions affect your ability to carry out activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint you but unless the person or persons have an understanding of your personal abilities to preform the PIP descriptiors on a daily basis safely, repeatably and in a timely manner, and have medical knowledge, information as a health professional then they and you are wasting theirs and yours time. 
  • jennicook
    Options
    Thank you to everybody who has responded am slowly thinking what’s 5he point 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    74% of those that appear in person at their Tribunal hearing have a decision in their favour, which is quite high. If you feel you're unable to do this yourself without some support then have a look at this link, it will tell you what's available in your area.

Welfare rights or a law centre will represent you but you'll still need to speak for yourself during the hearing.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My MP wrote letter of support for my tribunal didn't make any difference and was never mentioned and NO never followed up with me about the outcome 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I definitely wouldn't advise pointing out any lies that may have been told in the report because HMCTS won't appreciate you doing that.

You need to concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Either way, HMCTS won't appreciate those being mentioned.
  • jennicook
    Options
    I wouldn’t call them liars, however when I went to cab with all paperwork medical report from pip etc the lady couldn’t believe what she was reading,she believes it was a copy and paste job as the answers contradict themselves all the way through. One example unable to move as in too much pain, can manage to walk over 50m with aid walks down path to car my path is up. I should point out this is my sons pip was on high dla but pip has down graded to low even though evidence shows the assessor didn’t examine him or get him to do anything as was in too much pain 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.