Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

jaqisitt
jaqisitt Community member Posts: 22 Connected
I have recently had my PIP tribunal after 13 months. I had my renewal assessment last June. The report by ASOS bore no resemblance to what happened on the day. Coming up to the tribunal I read so many horror stories I was terrified. I just want to reassure people that it isn't always like that. I had sent extra medical evidence to the tribunal service the week before. The panel consisted of a judge, doctor and benefits expert. The representative from the DWP didn't turn up. As soon as I sat down the judge told me they were overturning the decision regarding the daily living component and reinstating the enhanced rate. The doctor then asked a couple of questions about my mobility. I am perfectly capable of planning a journey. I can walk more than 20 meters however any distance is painful. I have Parkinson's disease and arthritis in my neck and spine. He  was incredibly gentle with his questioning in fact the whole panel were incredibly kind and compassionate. I was only in there for five minutes then was asked to wait outside. After a couple of minutes the judge came out and told me they were awarding enhanced for both. I burst into tears with relief. So, for anyone facing their tribunal I would say be prepared. Read and re read the criteria and don't worry. My experience was incredibly positive. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.