Newbie in pain and feels depressed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newbie in pain and feels depressed

Fibrosurvivor
Fibrosurvivor Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I feel so low because of the constant pain and fatigue I sometimes contemplate what it would be like to end it but I'm trying so hard to work through this but it's really hard and fibro is affecting my mental illness , does anyone else struggle with fibro and mental illness and also seizures?

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hugs

Are you seeing a therapist or not? That can help make a difference. Exercise is also a good idea. 
  • Fibrosurvivor
    I've got a nurse I see , she's been off sick. I have been trying to gradually increase activity level was in bed for two weeks a month ago pain fatigue and depressed
  • Fibrosurvivor
    Thanks for hugs how are you april2018 mom?
  • April2018mom
  • Fibrosurvivor
    I'll get there , hubby tries to help but he has mental health problems too I've a psychiatrist and have been referred for therapy but long waiting list at the moment and they don't really know how badly I'm getting depressed 
  • April2018mom
    Can you take medication? I suggest talking about possible medication worth trying and practicing meditation too. Contact MIND as well. 
  • Fibrosurvivor
    Feeling a bit better today mood wise. It meant a lot that you were there last night , I'm on loads of medicine for mental health, pain and sleep and other meds for other conditions I've reduced my medicine over the last year as it was not really good to be on the amount I was on , but still on loads I meditate and practice mindfulness and it helps but life is full of ups and downs and sometimes I lapse in my mindfulness practice and get overwhelmed by things, thank you so much for answering my posts you don't know how much it got me through. Hugs hunni x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fibrosurvivor and a very warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling low recently and that you have been in so much pain.

The meditation and mindfulness sound really interesting, have you found them beneficial?

I hope your nurse isn't on sick for much longer.

Is there anything we can help with? If you want to have a chat, we have a coffee lounge board which has loads of different topics like books, films and crafts :)
    Scope

• Fibrosurvivor
    Thank you for the kind words mindfulness is the best thing I've ever done for myself it can help with the stress we are going through right now , it has no religious ideation and I learnt it online and from books I would recommend it to anyone but I've lapsed in my practising and everything got on top of me, it's nice to know I can come on here and there maybe someone going through the same thanks for the support
  • Chloe_Scope
    No problem at all @Fibrosurvivor, you are very welcome here :)

That's great, it sounds like it has been really beneficial to you!
    Scope

• Fibrosurvivor
    It helps me get through really stressful times when I practice it, must keep it up I think . Thanks chloe
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'll have to look into it, thanks!
    Scope

Brightness