Capability for work questionnaire — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capability for work questionnaire

Options
Applepearmommabear
Applepearmommabear Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, I am needing some advice please, in january 2019 i won my apeal and was put in the support group, also not to be reassessed for 18 months from the date of jan 2019, which would take me to around july 2020.
A few days ago i have received a capability for work form and can`t understand why as it has only been 6 month since i won my court appeal!!
Could anyone please tell me if this is right, and what i should do as this has started me to panic ...
Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Applepearmommabear , unfortunately the DWP can decide to review your award anytime after 3 months have passed. :/ Is there any help available near you (Council Welfare Rights, CAB, etc.)? Hopefully others will have ideas on what else you can do... @thespiceman
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm afraid Waylay is correct. The length of time given by the Tribunal is just a guide and nothing more. You will need to fill out and return the form no later than the date stated in the letter. You need to make sure you send evidence to support your claim and put as much information as possible on the form.

This link will help you find what's local to you for help with the form, if needed. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Applepearmommabear, I'm sorry they have sent another form so close after winning your appeal. I understand how hard and stressful this must be!

I too would recommend getting some face to face advice: https://advicelocal.uk/

I really hope things work out and please do let us know how you get on :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.