Fish Wheelchair/scooter breakdown cover...read the small print! very limited distance covered!
Not sure where to post this but it is pretty important to be aware of the fact that Fish Insurance, for which we pay quite a lot for a policy including breakdown cover, have a 10 mile limit to breakdown recovery!
So that means that if your chair breaks down 100 miles away from your home because you have travelled by train to a meeting...they can get you the couple of miles from your hotel to the meeting venue but then your mother has to do a 200 mile round trip to collect you and your chair in the car!!!
This begs so many questions about the expectations of where disabled people might be travelling. I will have to see if this is the case with other insurers...does anyone know any who do not have this limit?
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 527 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 848 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.