Face to face — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Face to face

Babydollpaula_39
Babydollpaula_39 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi there, I have a face to face assessment soon can anyone tell me there experiences and what kind of things do they ask xx 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Babydollpaula_39 welcome to the community! A face to face assessment is where the assessor is clarifying what you have stated on your form. They will ask you questions similar to what was asked on the form.

Remember that PIP focuses not on what conditions you have, but how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily tasks and your mobility.

If you have any further questions then please do let us know :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019

@Babydoolpaula_39,Hello and welcome, Firstly filling in the application form giving as much detail how the applicants illnesses, disability affect their daily lives in relation to the PIP descriptors. Suppling up to date medical and supportive evidence that will comfirm you abilities to or not meet the PIP descriptors. Keep copies of any information documents reports evidence you send to DWP as sometimes they get lost or mislaid. On or at your assessment if you need or use aids use them don’t just give yes or no answers let the acessor re ask the questions to allow you to answer describing why you can or cannot do the descriptors being decused, in reference to the physical examination do not do any movements that cause you pain discomfort or aggregate your condition. Be aware of the memory games they play being able to remember things from your past will indicate to the acessor your mental state even though your just talking about things which have nothing to do with the current part of the acessment. Be aware there are CCVTs outside and in and around the the acessment center, the acessor know the distances from the nearest car parks, bus stop waiting rooms to their acessment office so if yo can walk from the bus stop or car park or easily from the waiting room to the office these distances will be noted and recorded. And lastly having had your Face to a Face assessment about a week afterwards ring DWP and  request a copy of your assessment report which takes about 14 days to arrive once requested. On receiving it you can and should be able to work out what your award may, should be as the decision makers at DWP usually go with the assessment report, but you still have to wait for the official award letter notification. If it’s not what you expect then having the report early has given you time to prepare starments ready for submission for an MR which has to be made with 30 days of receding the award letter can be done by phone but best followed up by a postal request.

• Babydollpaula_39
    Thank you so much for the reply.. I feel at ease now 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    They will ask you questions. After that call to request a copy of your report. Let us know what happens next. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope it`s good news. waiting for step 2 myself xx
  • Babydollpaula_39
    Thanks, I'll let you all know how I get on as it's tomorrow xxi suffer from Degenerative disc disease and Endometriosis and Pernicious anemia.. But it's my mobility that is really bad.. I heard they watch you get in and out of car and count how many feet you take.. I was turned down a home visit ? so hopefully I'll not have to walk to much 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good luck tomorrow @Babydollpaula_39
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it goes well today @Babydollpaula_39!
    Scope

• Babydollpaula_39
    Thanks chloe. Am very nervous, don't know why as am Just gonna tell them the truth, but am very quiet and timid person and I heard that they can be very mean at times..... So they might get the middle finger at the end ???
  • Chloe_Scope
    I can understand why you'd be nervous. That's exactly it, just try your best to say how it affects you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they are really kind!
    Scope

• Babydollpaula_39
    Can i ask where is this forum based?? Am here in Northern Ireland 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi, we don't cover Northern Ireland as a charity. However, we do have a PIP board which people from Northern Ireland have created.

I hope this helps :)
    Scope

• Babydollpaula_39
    Hi everyone, just a wee update. My pip assignment went okay, the girl was really nice and made me feel at ease, 8 was doing great right up to the end when she asked me how I got there, I said my hubby drove me to carpark (which I later found out was 50 metres) I told her we were onsure were to go so we parked in carpark and walked to centre. Am only meant to walk between 1 and 20 metres, I was very sore after walking and am sitting waiting now on gp appointment as I can barly walk today ? so I think I messed it up 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    If you ever have to do a f2f again I would push for a home visit, the one thing you wont have to deal with is "how did you get here" and assumptions been made based on that answer.

good luck.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Babydollpaula_39 and thank you for taking the time to update us! I'm so glad they were really nice. I hope the travelling doesn't lead to assumptions.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.