esa appointment tomorrow — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa appointment tomorrow

gillian72
gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
im in the support group ,the last time I was at an assentment I was told to go to Drs an find out what was causing my bladder incontininse but I couldn't bear to be examined at the moment  so now I don't know what to say to him tomorrow at the assentment any advice plz

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    Hi @gillian72, I think the best thing to do is be honest, but they may not ask about that. I understand how difficult this might be. I hope the assessment goes well tomorrow and please let us know how you get on.
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No one can tell you what you should say at the assessment. It depends how your conditions affect you and they'll ask questions based on a typical day for you and how your affected. You'll be assessed on your ability to do any type of work. You should have already sent evidence to support your claim with the form you returned because they rarely contact anyone for this. If you didn't send evidence then i'd advise you to take it with you and hand it in to the assessment provider, hopefully they will accept it from you.

Once you've had the assessment wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gillian72
    Thank you @Chloe scope been worried alday thinking about it  and yes your right  il be. Honest about it  ty :)
  • gillian72
    Thank you, @poppy123456 yes I've always sent my Mri reports etc in when they do a review, am just waiting on appoiments for  whole spine Mri  and brain Mri I think he was wondering if it was to do with my back problems 
     :* 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I hope it all goes well today @gillian29!
    Scope

• gillian72
    @chloe scope,thank you,I've just got back I went in and straight away he said your dr has given us a great report detailing all your  facet joint hypertrophy (multi levels) an cervical spondylitis an he asked about my bladder problem an I told him the truth  he was fine about it said he had enough info an said might reassess me 18 months but he was going to try for longer  as back is only going to get worse  so al that worry for nothing  but strange thing was he said I have copd aswell I said no u mean chd  an he said no that aswell ,so need to see dr about it,bit weird that one  :/
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @gillian72, I'm glad it went okay and that your doctor had given a really good report. Yes, this is worth following up with your GP about. I imagine that was unexpected.
    Scope

• gillian72
    @chloescope yes my mum had copd, wonder if that's why  I've been finding it hard to take deep breaths in  I just  assumed it was my back probs  :s
  • gillian72
    @chloescope wish I turned up for my pip appeal now  waited 2yrs for it aswell :'(
  • Chloe_Scope
    I hope the GP will be able to give you more answers and that the appeal is soon! 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.