Bk dated esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bk dated esa

melly222
melly222 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I rang esa yesterday 29 July 2019...as sent bk dated premium form of 12 weeks ago...they said I'm getting 2 half grand round about ...this was from 2012 -2013...what was severe disibility premium bk then..and should I be getting enhanced preimium as well...

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Enhanced disability premium is automatically paid when in the Support Group claiming Income related and this back then was approximately £14.80 per week.

Severe disability premium was approximately £58 per week.

How much you're owed exactly will of course depend on how many weeks it is. The award letter will tell you what you need to know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • melly222
    Yeah I was supposed to get severe premium...for that year...thanks poppy for reply 
  • melly222
    Was for 52 weeks...wonder if I'm owed both premiums will wait see thanks ..x
  • poppy123456
    The other premium is automatically paid if you were claiming Income Related ESA at that time, if you weren't then you'll receive that other one as well.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • melly222
    Cotribution based esa...ib moved to esa 2012...not sure bout dates...but there only paying 2012 -2013  
  • poppy123456
    If you were in the Support Group between those dates then you'll receive the other premium too (Enhanced disability premium). The SDP is paid whether you're in the support group, WRAG or assessment rate but the Enhanced disability premium isn't. If you were in the WRAG then you won't receive the other premium unless you were claiming high rate care DLA or Enhanced daily living PIP between those dates.

If you're claiming ESA now then you're most likely claiming Income related, which is why you were only assessed between those 2 dates.
  • melly222
    Hi I was on high rate for both on them dates ..
  • poppy123456
    Then my previous advice is correct. Everything you need to know will be in the decision letter, hopefully it won't be too long before you receive that.
  • melly222
    Thanks for advice..
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @melly222, I hope you get your letter through soon :)
    Scope

• melly222
    Thanks chloe I recieved my payment few days after I posted took 12 weeks from sending form in..  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for updating us!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.