MR struggling waiting on decision. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR struggling waiting on decision.

saz11
saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Struggling today waiting on my MR decision.
I understand there is no timescale but waiting on this decision is awful. It took DWP 6 days after my renewal assessment to review and stop my award now i cant get a answer from them.
It has been 9 weeks since i submitted my MR .
Normally i can cope and appreciate i am lucky compared to many people,s situations but today seems to be a struggle maybe because i am getting near the position of not being able manage financially or continue getting daily support i require for safety reasons (i also lost sdp payment so i am not in the position to pay much longer for daily help)
Sorry just need to chat and let off steam.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @saz11, I understand how hard this can be, so thank you for reaching out for support.

Is there anything you'd want to chat about?

We have the coffee lounge which has different discussions about things like films, books, crafts... anything really!
    Scope

• saz11
    @Chloe_Scope

Thanks for that. 
    Just a bit of a bad day but a cup of tea will sort that ?....
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem at all! I hope it was a lovely cup of tea! :)
    Scope

• Dinkysaurus
    Dinkysaurus Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi,
    Im sorry you are having a bad time. 
    I sent my MR off 4 weeks ago and they said MR's are currently taking 10 weeks. My Mum received her MR decision ( which she won ) exactly 11 weeks after she sent it in, although when she checked her bank the backpay had already been in her account 5 days so I would say 10 weeks is about right. I rang today for something and the automated message also says 10 weeks although Om aware different areas may have different times.
    I honestly dont think it will be long now. Im looking at September for mine, and it seems never ending that wait,
  • saz11
    edited July 2019
    @Dinkysaurus

Thanks for your reply. I also phoned DWP today to try and speak with the Case Manager to get a better understanding and to ask if there was anything i could do to assist in moving things forward.....the lady who answered the phoned tried to put me through but was unable to  but explained that she had been advised by her colleague in that department as PIP is not a primary benefit they wont look at a claim any sooner than date order. I was advised timescale is now 12 weeks but this is not guaranteed .

Great news about your mums award ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.