DWP taking forever to officially receive documents becoming a pattern — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP taking forever to officially receive documents becoming a pattern

worried33
worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
Some here may remember my past posts.

I initially posted about my backdated ESA EDP, and it took them "months" to acknowledge bank statements I sent in.  After it was acknowledged decision almost immediate.

When I sent my PIP application form it took them "11 weeks" to send me a text saying they received it.  I actually only waited 2 weeks after that for capita to contact me, so as far as I am concerned the capital delay was fine, DWP not.

Now I have had PIP F2F, its almost 2 weeks gone and no report.  Is this going to be another 2-3 month wait just for the DWP to get the report?

What is going on at my DWP processing office?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I think they are backlogged, the same happened to me pretty much, it took three weeks for my report to be sent to the DWP and the DWP had to request it, I've now been waiting around 16 weeks for the decision. I've been waiting for almost 8 months in total.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @worried33, I understand how stressful this can be. Unfortunately, this will be due to the backlog in your area. Have you rung up to see if they have your report?
    Scope

• sarrah
    sarrah Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    I been waiting a year since first putting my pip forms in to waiting to get a date for tribural, think so many people are putting claims in and it's back logging up thinks it the same for dwp but I see it must be hard work for them to try sort 1000s of claims, @worried33 hope you hear something soon of them xx?
  • worried33
    Chloe yes I rang up twice, that is how I know it has not arrived (or arrived but not logged into the system).
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you aren't having to wait much longer @worried33, unfortunately there is not much else you can do at this stage. I know how frustrating this is!
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    worried33 said:

Now I have had PIP F2F, its almost 2 weeks gone and no report.  Is this going to be another 2-3 month wait just for the DWP to get the report?

What is going on at my DWP processing office?
    If the assessment report hasn't yet been returned to DWP then it could have been chosen for audit. If this happens then it will delay the process in returning it and a decision being made. Ring the health assessment assessment providers and ask why it hasn't been returned, if it's in audit they will tell you. There's no timescales for how long it can be kept in audit.

The report has nothing to do with DWP until it's been returned to them. If it's still with the assessment providers then it's their responsibility.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • worried33
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for that advice Poppy, They have confirmed it was returned the day after my assessment it was "not" selected for audit.  They also told me they are seeing cases where it is taking up to 3 months for the DWP to accept the report into their system due to backlog.

Ok an update.

I rang a second time as I Didnt believe them.

Second guy said the case isnt closed, and its in "final stage of audit process" will be sent in 2-3 days.  I am not happy after what I have read about with audit processes tampering reports.  I have made another post after this.
  • worried33
    edited July 2019
    Since I am not convinced capita have been honest with me (so may be under audit), I read a document I found on this website.

Here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/44967/my-sons-claim-for-pip-has-gone-to-audit-why-is-this-and-what-does-it-mean

So it states this.

"Audit has a central role in ensuring that decisions on benefit entitlement, taken by DWP, are correct. It supports this by confirming that independent HP advice complies with the required standards and that it is clear and medically reasonable. It also provides assurance that any approach to assessment and opinion given is consistent so that, irrespective of where or by whom the assessment is carried out, claimants with conditions that have the same functional effect will ultimately receive the same benefit outcome."

So they dont recognise one condition can affect two people differently?

Also this

"Assessment reports subject to audit will be examined and graded Acceptable, Acceptable HP Learning Required, Acceptable Report Amendment Required and Unacceptable in accordance with the Quality Audit Criteria in section 3.5"

Do I as a claimant have the right to ask for the original unamended report if its amended by audit? Also to avoid delay should audit's be carried out "after" its sent to the DWP?

"Unless there are extenuating circumstances, audit activity should be carried out while cases are “live” and before they are submitted to DWP. As such all audit activity should be carried out swiftly to avoid delay to the case."

There is also a section where they can change descriptors during audit, I think I would definitely would need to know if this has happened if I am unhappy with a decision and going to appeal it.  

http://guerillawire.org/disability/a-man-with-multiple-sclerosis-lost-his-pip-award-after-assessment-report-was-dishonestly-edited-during-audit/
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019

... claimants with conditions that have the same functional effect will ultimately receive the same benefit outcome."

So they dont recognise one condition can affect two people differently?

@worried33 - I don't think your interpretation is correct.

It doesn't say 'claimants with the same condition...' but 'claimants with conditions that have the same functional effect.'

So someone with Parkinson's, someone with Epilepsy, and someone with depression, will all have the same outcome if the functional effect is the same.
  • worried33
    edited July 2019
    How do they determine what the functional affect is?

Other parts of the document indicate they use "clinical probability".

Regardless given capita saying they wont close it up for 2-3 days, I will probably be waiting for at least a week before I can have a chance the DWP have it when I ring so I need to forget about this for a week.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.