P.I.P APPEAL WAITING TIMES — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P APPEAL WAITING TIMES

kezhendo73
kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
hello everyone,
  Just wondering if anyone can help me I put in for an appeal back at the end of October 2018 I was told it would be 40 weeks before I would hear..
I'm wondering if it goes from when I requested it or another date ?
 I'm so worried about it I suppose it is the unknown. Any advice would be appreciated 
     Many thanks ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Listener
    Hi @kezhendo73 unfortunately appeals can take take anywhere up to and just over a year - I really hope you receive a date soon! Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any further questions :)
  • kezhendo73
    @AmiHI
    Thank you for your reply,
    It just seems to be dragging and I can't stop thinking about it all, could you please advise me on what to take with me and what they will ask I really I'm dreading it more so as it's getting nearer to the time.
       Many thanks ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Listener
    edited July 2019
    I can imagine it is incredibly frustrating! I haven't experienced a tribunal myself but many of our community members have - unfortunately! A member of the Scope team will move this thread into our PIP/DLA message board where more community members will be able to give you more advice.

I know it's easier said then done but try not to worry too much, we will do everything we can to help you :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    Hi @kezhendo73 and welcome to the community! 

Like @AmiHI has said, waiting times can be a long time - this all depends on the backlog in your area. Is this for a mandatory reconsideration or a tribunal?

I understand how stressful this can be, and how hard it is to not think about it all. If there is anything we can do to help then please do let us know :)
    Scope

• kezhendo73
    @Chloe_Scope
    It's for a tribunal and I'm in the stockport cheshire area.?

• Chloe_Scope
    Hi @kezhendo73, thank you for that. I am unsure about the backlog in your particular area, but like @AmiHI has said, it can take over a year. This will be from the date that they received your appeal. 
    Scope

• kezhendo73
    Chloe_Scope 
    I put in for an appeal the end of October 2018 and I was told it would roughly be about 40 weeks so hopefully it won't be much longer now.
     I'm so worried about it all no one should have to go through all this added stress it's so unfair ?.

• Chloe_Scope
    That's understandable that you are worried, and you're right, the stress it puts people under seems really unfair.

I really hope you are not waiting too much longer, but please bare in mind that 40 weeks is an estimate.
    Scope

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Mine is 17 months. Applied January 2018. Appealed February 2018 and my tribunal is August 2019
  • kezhendo73
    @Jurph
    Wow that is a long time,
     I see you have your tribunal coming up soon.hopefully you will get the outcome you deserve good luck.

• kezhendo73
    I spoke to someone at the appeal and tribunals and was told my areas timescale is 36/47 weeks and I am 40 weeks in hopefully I will hear soon.
     Thank you everyone for your help ? I will keep you all informed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.