What device do you use primarily to connect with Scope? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What device do you use primarily to connect with Scope?

GettinOlde
GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
edited August 2019 in Coffee lounge
It's not practical to list all the permutations of the devices you may possess that can be used to access Scope, so just the primary device.

Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What device do you use primarily to connect with Scope? 16 votes

Devices that use keybords - PCs, Laptops, Notebooks etc..
62%
KG100GeoarkSam_Alumnideb74Adrian_ScopedolfrogGettinOldeOverlyAnxiousM_AnthonyLogan_Talbot 10 votes
Larger touchscreen devices - Tablets.
6%
Ami2301 1 vote
Smaller touchscreen devices - Mobile phones.
31%
[Deleted User]April2018momjaner1967[Deleted User]t0nkys 5 votes
Smart TV
0%
Ohter - Please comment and explain.
0%

Comments

• GettinOlde
    edited August 2019
    I have access to the top 4 but primarily use a PC.
    But, trying to connect with my, now obsolete, Bush 3D smart TV, I get this...

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    laptop and tablet.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• GettinOlde
    exdvr said:
    laptop and tablet.
    Can you click on one or the other to vote, please?

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Samsung A6 , ten inch tablet .
  • exdvr
    laptop

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• GettinOlde
    @exdvr Are you still unable to select an option to vote on?
    @Seanchai Do you have the same problem?
  • exdvr
    Originally voted for 2 things but was rejected.  Voted again for only1 item and it went through ok.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• GettinOlde
    exdvr said:
    Originally voted for 2 things but was rejected.  Voted again for only1 item and it went through ok.
    Yes, unfortunately, you can't vote on two, but in my defence, I did ask for you to vote on your primary device, but it still looks like your vote hasn't been cast as there should be seen a miniature copy of your avatar image against your vote.

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Hi @GettinOlde
    I have voted. 
    I use a desk top,  my laptop crashed this time last year.
    I need a keyboard, and mouse lol, probably due to too many years using a desktop,and the coping strategies i have developed and use.  
  • GettinOlde
    @dolfrog Similar here, prefer to use the PC with 20" monitor and mouse. The larger screen is easier on the eyes than the 11.5" notebook, 7" tablet and the 5" mobile. The mouse I use with the PC is a programmable gaming mouse but it's giving me trouble at the moment as it tends to unintentionally double left-click sometimes, I've tried spraying it with electrical contact cleaner but to no avail, and I can't afford a replacement at the moment :# .
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m on Scope on my iPhone now. 
  • GettinOlde
    I’m on Scope on my iPhone now. 
    iPhone - bleh. ?

• dolfrog
    @GettinOlde ,
    Until I was diagnosed as having Auditory Processing Disorder (APD), a listening disability and the cause of my dyslexia, I was not really aware of my communication problems.
    But 20 years ago i had to use a desktop to research online the diagnosis our sons were getting. I soon discovered that i had been living with the same communication disability all of my life. The internet has provide a communication system i can use in my own time which allows me to work around my communication issues. 
    When i was asked to help the Medical Research Council with 5 year APD research program the researchers began to send me copies of  their research papers, which initially took me months to read and understand. I need to be able to download pdf files and see large charts and diagrams online which help to explain some of these complex issues. 
    Until then i never knew  i could read a research paper let alone help run a support organisation regarding my own disability lol. 
  • April2018mom
    I tend to use the PC to research work related issues. I also use my laptop to do research on things to do with my kids. 
  • April2018mom
    dolfrog said:
    @GettinOlde ,
    Until I was diagnosed as having Auditory Processing Disorder (APD), a listening disability and the cause of my dyslexia, I was not really aware of my communication problems.
    But 20 years ago i had to use a desktop to research online the diagnosis our sons were getting. I soon discovered that i had been living with the same communication disability all of my life. The internet has provide a communication system i can use in my own time which allows me to work around my communication issues. 
    When i was asked to help the Medical Research Council with 5 year APD research program the researchers began to send me copies of  their research papers, which initially took me months to read and understand. I need to be able to download pdf files and see large charts and diagrams online which help to explain some of these complex issues. 
    Until then i never knew  i could read a research paper let alone help run a support organisation regarding my own disability lol. 
    3 years ago I spent a lot of time researching my son’s diagnosis. I had a lot of unanswered questions and I wanted to seek out other families with experience too. I read a lot of information. I could literally write a research paper on spina bifida now. 
  • dolfrog
    edited August 2019
    3 years ago I spent a lot of time researching my son’s diagnosis. I had a lot of unanswered questions and I wanted to seek out other families with experience too. I read a lot of information. I could literally write a research paper on spina bifida now. 
    I began to help an online friend create the  Wikipedia "Auditory processing Disorder" article, and for some years helped edit other related articles and articles that took my interest. I was not really able to edit the words you see in the articles, more I was more able to add, and improve the research paper references the articles included. I am not very good at writing articles etc due to my dyslexia lol.
    You could have a look at the "Invisible Disability" sub section of my PubMed research paper collection links on my Wikipedia User page, I have not been editing there for some years now, but the PubMed research paper collections have been updated on a regular basis. 
  • April2018mom
    dolfrog said:
    I began to help an online friend create the  Wikipedia "Auditory processing Disorder" article, and for some years helped edit other related articles and articles that took my interest. I was not really able to edit the words you see in the articles, more I was more able to add, and improve the research paper references the articles included. I am not very good at writing articles etc due to my dyslexia lol.
    You could have a look at the "Invisible Disability" sub section of my PubMed research paper collection links on my Wikipedia User page, I have not been editing there for some years now, but the PubMed research paper collections have been updated on a regular basis. 
    I’ll take a look thanks. Are there any articles on SB or not?
  • dolfrog
    I’ll take a look thanks. Are there any articles on SB or not?
    Just had a look at the Wikipedia SB article, it was not one of the issues I investigated, however some of the issues, symptoms and possible problems mentioned in the article, are included  as some of my research paper collections
  • GettinOlde
    OK guys and gals, if you're not going to stay on topic I'll have to insist that you get yourselves a room.  ?

Brightness