MR successful - how long now until a decision is made? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR successful - how long now until a decision is made?

Sparky3683
Sparky3683 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
MR was successful as the decision makers agreed with me that they had not asked me at the time of the original PIP form being sent to them by me for additional evidence in support of my claim - they'd rejected it outright because I didn't allegedly acknowledge the request,no such request arrived with me,by the way! 

Letter arrived dated 24th July (arrived on Tuesday this week) saying the claim would now continue as they had made the error of the request not getting to me and my additional evidence was received along with my MR form. It said the claim would now continue,and either a medical assessment or award would be the likely next steps. Anyone found themselves at my stage and how long should I expect to wait,roughly? Thanks :-) 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sorry i'm a little confused by your question. If you requested the MR because you were refused PIP and the MR was successful and you've been awarded then why do you think you'll need an assessment? Did you previously have an assessment before requesting the MR?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sparky3683
    Sparky3683 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    I'll try and make a bit more sense :) 

They refused it because they'd apparently asked for additional evidence to support the claim at the end of May. I didn't get the request - either via letter or phone call.  So I requested the MR on that basis.  The letter I got on Tuesday said they agreed that the request didn't get to me,so the claim would now go on,now that they have the additional evidence I sent with the MR (GP and psychiatry assessments) to be looked at properly. I didn't say it was awarded,what I meant was that they said that could be an outcome,but so could a medical assessment. Not awarded at this stage,the claim can now be considered with the additional evidence,if that makes sense? (sorry,I can sound overcomplicated sometimes)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks, i think i understand now. If a face to face assessment didn't happen then i'd expect one of those this time. If it did then they'll most likely go ahead and make a decision now they have the extra evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.