i got a capability for work questionnaire — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i got a capability for work questionnaire

danny1986
danny1986 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
i got a capability for work questionnaire im disabled and house bound what is everyone else experience with this and is this a routine review ???/

Comments

• danny1986
    I got a capability for work questionnaire in the post is this routine and whats everyone else experience with this should I be worried im house bound and disabled so its quite worrying
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    It’s esa most peaple have had one lot got no points ,money stopped ,some lucky got points 
  • danny1986
    ok this does not sound good   so basicalley  they taking everyone off it   ????
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    How can people say it’s down to luck, if your awarded benefits or not, if you don’t meet, full fill the claiming criteria then it a no benefit for you, you can appeal but it not pot luck or if your face fits.
  • danny1986
    ok so if you difficulties and generally cant work should you be ok ???
  • Dotty123
    Most failed then did mandatory which did nothing but they stop your money .housing.you do tribunal what takes months if they accept it you get basic esa till tribunal long wait but don’t go on uc if you do you can’t go back on esa ever 
  • Dotty123
    No I can’t use hands but they gave me 0 points 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @danny1986   Pleased to meet you .

Please can I suggest have a look on our website. For further information. I know your housebound you could ask a friend to help you or any one who is supporting you.

I know you be anxious and I can understand that.  Having completed many .

All I know is that we are here to support you.  To give you reassurance.

Any thing else please ask .  Some one will know from our team or a member of our community.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • danny1986
    edited August 2019
    ok thanks im just concerned if they just taking everyone off or   if   they being fair im a bit confused and no one seems too have any good experience with it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They aren't taking benefits off everyone, although it seems that way when looking at internet forums because you mostly only read to bad stories. Lots of people successfully claim these benefits without any problems at all.

The work capability assessment is about the work you can do and not the work you can't do and this is what they'll assess you on.

You need to fill out the form with as much information as possible and send evidence with it to support your claim. Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those too.

You must make sure your form is returned no later than the date stated in the letter. failure to return it by this date and you risk being found fit for work for failing to return the form. There's no extension of time for returning the ESA form.

If the worst happens and you're found fit for work and you claim housing benefit then please don't worry. You can definitely claim this through filling out a nil income form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello  @danny1986 Thank you for the reply.

I do understand that you have a lot of concerns.

Understand your confusion.  Please if you can speak to some one about helping you.

Look on our website or look at CAB website might explain what you need to do and answer.

Please I know there is a lot of negativity around ESA. I know that myself but to reassure you have had positive results and outcomes as well.

Hope that helps you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    This is normal. I get those forms in the post. Answer all of the questions honestly. This is your opportunity to tell DWP how your impairment affects your ability to work. Make the most of it. Try not to worry. 
    This is a long form. Remember to take breaks and ask for assistance if needed. Make sure you understand each question. Read all of the questions carefully. Use the boxes provided to describe the nature of your condition or impairment.
    CAB has more information here that will help
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/
    Give examples. For example if you have a physical impairment, talk about what happens when you stand up or try moving around for instance. Mention any aids or equipment you use at home as well. 
  • danny1986
    ok thanks for your response em hopefully it work out I cant even get in the bath and need help too walk across the room so hopefully    that's enough for them 
  • danny1986
    also how long does the whole process take 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales. It depends on backlog in your area but expect a face to face assessment because most have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danny1986
    ok thanks I think I would prefer that anyway that way they can see how bad I am 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @danny1986 and welcome to the community! I hope the review goes okay and that you don't need to wait too long.

If there is anything else we can help with then please do let us know! :)
    Scope

• danny1986
    im just reading through the website but if I generally cant even stand  do you think I have anything too worry about are they giving people a fair chance ???   thanks in advance 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    The review will go through your needs and assess your ability to work. It will be about meeting the criteria rather than being fair. I really do hope it goes well :)
    Scope

• danny1986
    ok thanks I should be ok then as im completely house bound thanks for ur kind words 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.