What is your favourite quote and why? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your favourite quote and why?

2»

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @pollyanna1052   Do not understand what you mean ?

I used this through addiction if you continue to say no every time you go through the steps of addiction.

No means to not having a drink or having a hit that time the less you take the more you succeed.

Put an stone in your path on the way to recovery. Remember if you fail in rehab you have to start again.

That means reassessed and then back to the beginning to start to again coming off.  

Anything like drugs or alcohol the most addictive .  

Clean 12 years this year.  .

Having been their use this saying to fight my mental health issues and anything else I have problems with.

Does help.

Hope that explains.  I am a soul man by the way.  Keep the faith.

@thespiceman

Hi, sorry my reply was odd. You see I recently took up rock painting, as I was in a low place and it helped enormously. It`s a nationwide pastime, where people, especially children, paint rocks, hide them and the finder puts them on facebook.. Some rocks travel between continents! 
    I didnt mean to be flippant re your fight against addiction chuck. Well done on your success. xx
    I’ll try it. We have done egg painting and decorate pebbles we find on beaches. Same for shells. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    "You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now" - Olivia Benson

This quote has been my motto since last year and its helped me overcome so many challenges.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Here's one that hurt a little - "Facebook is not for parents." - long story.
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

This has to be one of my favourite quotes: 

Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.

I came across it when I was in hospital, and it has stayed with me :)

Scope

• jaja
    jaja Community member Posts: 76 Pioneering
    I was just watching a disabled Youtuber. Her quote was 'if you cant accept something then you need to change it and if you can't change it you need to accept it.'
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Thankyou all for your amazing answers and for participating. 
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    From the best cop series ever made, Hill Street Blues....."Let's be careful out there" at the start of every new day.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Brightness