Reasons to be cheerful.......... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasons to be cheerful..........

2»

Comments

• Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Well my reason to be cheerful is that after 19 months of a mess with PIP I won my Tribunal and showed that Atos are know good at there job and need the sack for all the problems and putting  people through out there who is going from DLA to PIP or just going on to PIP with there bad assessments and reports as more often than not are full of BS.
  • tosh
    tosh Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Reason to be cheerful 
    .... For me personally 
    Would be 'surviving such dysfunction'
    Two neurology proffesors have said I 
    Have the one of the most severe state's of chronic anxiety they have seen in many many years, one even suggests I voluntary get sectioned, 
    But still the revolving doors of pip and esa, and the upcoming lash of universal credit WHIP Sting, which is going to heap
    more stress goes on, 
    For people who may not be aware anxiety is not just mental it can physically manifest in many ways, from teeth grinding /smashing (can't have a shield made), to tense muscles permanently, clonus which causes spasticity through out
    and much more permanent effects, 
    but I'm still here, 
    wich currently makes me cheerful 
    not sure if I would say the same a few years down the line, but here's hoping 
    to be cheerful 
  • Cuddlesh
    Cuddlesh Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    My reasons to be cheerful, the list is so long, that in  itself is that I have so much to be cheerful, most of all the improvements in my health because of the opportunities to finally have time to improve it, after all the struggles. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    After a year of searching, I finally found a new adapted flat. We will move in 2 weeks. I’m excited. 
  • diyjoe
    diyjoe Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Not really a reason to be cheerful but it has a feelgood factor.  Just beat the local council at their own game in quoting planning laws on planning application reports that have no meaning unless you look them up, which most people don't.  I am referring to references like modern finish to an extension of a house of old character. "in accordance with local or national planning policy." 

On looking up the policies both say, in short, consideration can be given to modern materials, but in another part it says the officer writing the report should have sympathetic and detail knowledge of the area, and suitable materials matching the house should be used on extensions. Me 1 council Nil, until the next overs?

Brightness