Epilepsy PIP 2019 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Epilepsy PIP 2019

2»

Comments

• IHaveEpilepsy81
    IHaveEpilepsy81 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    @skeg1960 finally a positive outcome but a very rare one probably.  My report from the assessor stated I could cross the road by lights to limit any danger, work that one out, she also says I can’t drive because of the dangers with my epilepsy but I can cook using a cooker or microwave as a fit during cooking is less likely to happen.  
  • IHaveEpilepsy81
    I would like to see if anyone has success story’s via a tribunal with case law being used.  
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    @IHaveEpilepsy81

Hi just thought i would give you a quick update. I heard today my MR decision has been successful. Here,s hoping we hear many more success stories. 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @IHaveEpilepsy81

Have a look at Disability Rights UK, they have a caselaw section and provide an easily understood narrative.

You should seek face to face advice from a welfare rights officer.

Keep us informed.

Best wishes

• IHaveEpilepsy81
    Thank you guys and well done @saz11 what further medical evidence did you send in order for them to change their decision and what activities were you awarded in if you don't mind sharing.  

• saz11
    @IHaveEpilepsy81

Hi i didn't send in anymore evidence just a covering letter explaining in detail how my disability affects me. I believe the detailed information i gave them helped in giving them a better understanding of how my disability affects my daily life in assisting them scoring my capabilities. I kept the letter to my health issues only and i thnk i came across in a clam , polite manner.

I was awarded a further 2 points for cooking and preparing food: i previously scored 1c now 1e

I already had enhanced mobility award.

Hope this helps and if you need any further help please just let me know.

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I am tagging @poppy123456 as she will be able to help you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,363 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks. There's no other advice i can offer, other than what's already been given in previous comments by others.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • saz11
    @poppy123456

Hi Poppy i agree i don't know of any other advise you could give

I am fortunate enough to have been successful with my MR  Hopefully @IHaveEpilepsy81 you have more success at tribunal.
  • IHaveEpilepsy81
    I am only 2 points short and I feel in the cooking part I should receive this at tribunal given I have no warning to a seizure but thanks to all of you who have commented and offered advice.  

Best wishes 
  • saz11
    @IHaveEpilepsy81

Do you know when your tribunal is yet ? 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    saz11 said:
    @woodbine.
    I hope all goes well for you fingers crossed. 
    I only waited 6 days from when i had my renewal assemement to get a decision. You read and hear that many different stories its hard to get  your head around. I even spoke to DWP to voice my concern on why
    they reduced my award and the person i spoke to  said that they totally agreed with me and my points shouldnt have been reduced. 
    I haven't had the decision yet but have had the PA4 (a copy of the assessors report) which indicates 11 points for care and 22 for mobility so if the DM sticks with th |s I should get standard care enhanced mobility, on DLA I was on mid care low mobility.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• saz11
    @woodbine

I would have thought you would have had a decision by now i hope they go with the report and award you.
    I had to endure the dreaded MR but fortunately on Friday i found out i had been successful. I hope to hear more successful outcomes in the future.
  • IHaveEpilepsy81
    Just to update you guys I had my tribunal today.  I got enhanced enhanced.  Judge was adamant that the case law regarding uncontrolled epilepsy is very clear at tribunal stage.  Good luck to anyone fighting the DWP!!
  • saz11
    @IHaveEpilepsy81

That is absolutely fantastic news....i am so happy for you.

I know it has been a real struggle for you having to fight this but look how strong you have been and won.

You went with what you believed what was correct and fair and the outcome speaks for itself. Well done you ? x 
  • IHaveEpilepsy81
    Thank you it’s not something I would recommend I waited almost 18 months in total and unfortunately became more ill than I was but it’s over.  Thanks for your support and all your comments 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @IHaveEpilepsy81! That's amazing news!! Thank you for updating us! :)
    Scope

• saz11
    @IHaveEpilepsy81

No i totally understand not recommended going through the MR was stressful enough.

Time now to concentrate on getting your health back on track and enjoying life.

Keep smiling happy days ahead ??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.