Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

jilly42
jilly42 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I wonder why I was refused pip I have several illnesses and have had to change my life completely and have been refused pip but people with less wrong with them get it, my doctor wouldn't help the hospital wouldn't help love to know why I couldn't get any help from no one and was refused took all way to tribunal and they lied at that also 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don't fit those descriptors you won't score the points needed for an award.

Lots of people have invisible conditions and claim for PIP, you can't judge a book by it's cover. My daughter claims Enhanced for both parts and to look at her, you'd think there was nothing wrong with her. She has Autism, a learning disability and social anxiety disorder and needs a lot of help and support in her life just to get through her day.

Starting another claim is possible but i'd advise getting some face to face advice before doing this. Using the same evidence you previously used will likely see another refusal. This link will help you find what's local to you for help and support. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I'd see a different GP if your current one isn't helping or supporting you.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Someone might look healthy and fit outwardly but have very serious problems internally  such as heart and other problems.
    Lots of people have serious invisible illnesses. 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jilly42 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry you didn't qualify for PIP. Did you seek any face to face advice during your claim? 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.