Time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Time

Options
miachappy
miachappy Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I know people have asked but I thought if some people could say how long it took from having the f2f to their decision or money in the bank of successful, maybe we could get a rough idea of how long the DWP are taking at the moment? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's varies vastly from area to area. My shortest time for a decision is 5 days, my longest waiting time was just over 6 weeks.

Ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @miachappy, I don't believe we have 'met' before, hello!

I hope you aren't waiting too long, and like @poppy123456 has said, you can always request a copy of the report which may give you a better idea of the award :)
    Scope

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi I'm in the South West and was told to expect 10 weeks approx. Now just coming up to 3 weeks after assessment. I did get a copy of my assessment a week after the f2f. I also received a standard "we now have everything we need to make a decision" letter this weekend.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It varies. Call the DWP to request a copy of the assessment report tomorrow morning that will tell you more. Keep us updated. 
  • miachappy
    Options
    Ah I thought all reports went to a central office where they’re all dealt with?
    thank you @poppy123456 @Chloe_Scope and @Cressida
    I do have my assessment report but I have to say I haven’t received we a text saying we now have everything to make a decision, just a we’ve received the written report one.
    So hopefully for you @Cressida there will be a decision coming your way soon! 
  • miachappy
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.