PIP Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
I sent my mr into the DWP by first class recorded delivery on Wednesday 24th July after assistance from the CAB.The latest it could be in by was Friday 26th July.  Today I received the decision dated Tuesday 30th July. Just two working days after the request needed to be in. Nothing has changed just more lies added to the award letter. The cm has obviously not read the extra information that I sent and has  hastily made his decision without reviewing my case properly.  I don’t think there was enough time between him actually receiving (if it did even land on his desk) and reviewing the extra evidence and him making an informed decision.  I don’t think he has read anything extra that I sent in and has made his decision without waiting for it.  Appeal it is then. Although I will be phoning to confirm that my mr had been received. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming you requested the MR on the phone and then wrote the letter of request? If so then yes, they can make a decision before receiving the letter. This is another reason why i always advise people not to request the MR over the phone. If there was a delay in sending the letter after the request then chances are the decision will be made before receiving the letter.

Either way, with only a 18% chance of the MR decision changing there was always a high chance it wouldn't change at this stage. Most MR decision's are just a copy and paste of the original decision.

Tribunal stage you have 74% chance, if you appear in person. You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Tribunal. For this you need to fill out the SSCS1 form and send the MR decision letter with it.

Waiting lists are long in most areas so expect about a year. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hello!
    @poppy123456 has given you some useful advice already. All you can do is use this tool to draft a letter of appeal
    https://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool then wait for a date.
    For tribunal, I strongly advise attending it in person. 
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    @poppy123456
    @April2018mom
    thank you  both for your advice.
    Poppy that is what happened but it happened because they had not sent me my award letter and I only knew my award had changed when my bank statement was checked. When I phoned I was asked if I wanted a mr.  Because of their delay I thought time was running out and so said yes when asked over the phone. You would have thought that they couldn’t make a decision until the time frame of when you need to have your extra evidence in by, is up and not before. So much for it taking up to ten weeks..! I will be appealing. 
    My intention is to attend in person. Maybe I’ll have a year to prepare..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.