DLA to PIP first payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP first payment

Bruno78
Bruno78 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
If you are successful in getting PIP from DLA, does your first payment just continue on from the date you usually get paid DLA? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The days may change slightly but PIP usually starts about 7 weeks after the decision is made, if you're successful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bruno78
    Can anybody help me out here to see if this is right?
    Been awarded PIP from DLA.
    PIP starts from 28/8/19 and my DLA ends the day before. I am due a DLA payment on the 13th August, will I be paid this as normal? I will then be paid on the 18th September(see image attached) for 28th August to 17th September. So what happens to money owed tl me from the 13th August to the 29th August? Sorry if it sounds confusing.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @Bruno78.

It is my understanding that PIP start 4 weeks after the decision is made, but as @poppy123456 said because it is paid in arrears the payments do not start until 7/8 weeks after the decision date. Your DLA will stop on the date it was due to end. In your case, this was 27th August. If the 13th is the date you usually get paid your DLA then I assume they will pay you your DLA from 13th August to 27th August. On 18th September you will get the PIP owed between 28th August and 17th September. You will then get your first full 4-week payment of PIP on Wednesday 16th October.
    If you don't get your DLA payment on the 13th it may be worth calling the DLA helpline on 0800 121 4600 to clarify what is happening.
    I hope this makes sense!
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • Bruno78
    Thanks, I took it that I would get my usual 4 weeks DLA on Tuesday as it would be my July-August usual 4 week payment. This would then leave a 2 week gap between the 13th and 28th August when my PIP starts. Its that 2 week gap that is confusing me. The way I see it(which could be wrong) is that they would owe me 2 weeks DLA money. Very confusing

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.