PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

davet
davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
Here we go again "its time to review your award", and so begins the days and nights of worry and stress yet again, having had to fight ,tooth and nail up to a tribunal to win my current award which was reduced from the one prior, this is the last thing I wanted, of course it does state thatany changes can affect the amount of PIP I get, "it could go up,go down, stay the same or stop", but what realy disgusts me is the letter is dated 26th July, and it states in bold capital letters,complete the attached review and return it to us by 26th August2019 YOUR PIP WILL STOP IF YOU DONT CONTACT US OR RETURN THE FORM ON TIME.As an ex police officer that to me constitutes blackmail, which I thought was against the law in this country. in addition, when they want information from you they demand it within a month with this threat, yet I wrote to them in March of this year requesting information from them and am still awaiting a response.
This is the first time I have been asked to undergo a review and it would appear that a face to face consultation with a 'health professional' may be required, I would welcome any advice anyone has on these reviews

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sadly, all those that have short awards have to go through these reviews. The only ones that don't are those that have 10 year light touch awards.

Yes, they will stop your PIP if the form isn't returned on time but you can request a further 14 days to return it and they will happily give you that.

All claims whether they are first time ones or reviews should be classed as new claims. This means you should fill out the form with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding a couple of real life examples for each descriptor that applies to you. Use extra A4 paper, if there's not enough room but make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send.

Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. Make sure to send evidence with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this.

There's no timescales how long this will take, it depends on backlog in your area.

If you were awarded by a Tribunal and you have an end date on your current award and a decision isn't made by the time your end date arrives, then your money will stop. If a decision goes in your favour then you'll be backdated to the date it stopped.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    @davet I tend to agree with your comment about blackmail, and your good self being an ex-Police officer.

We hear this all the time how corrupt this system really is?

I've become to think that these departments think they are above the law, the treatment these people do to claimants are all very wrong and all the treatment is disgusting..

Follow @poppy123456 advice she has explained every detail needed. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• davet
    thank you poppy
    I have approached this from the angle you suggest, as a new claim, I am concerned however with your last comment, yes my claim was awarded by a tribunal, unfortunately the written award I was given has been put in 'a safe place' by my cleaning up fairy and like all safe places, it cannot be found, this was the content of my enquiry with the DWP for information in march of this year which I quoted in my original comment and I fear that my rquest for this information may have instigated this review, but many thanks for your advice
  • poppy123456
    If you ring them they will tell you when your existing award ends. Was it the PIP2 form you received?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • davet
    hi poppy,

not sure which form I got, I was asked questions then asked to leave the room, on my return there was a newly typed form waiting for me telling what my award would be, I will attempt to ring them, but I am disgusted that they cannot respond to a letter, they have my phone number and e mail address
  • davet
    hi government needs reform,
    I have actually taken the time to refer to my old criminal law books, and this action fully meets the criteria for blackmail. I therefore intend to write to my MP advising her of this, although she is new to thepost she does seem to willing to get involved in misjustices, I did in fact consider reporting it to the police as I actually have the proof in writing, but I doubt they will take any action
  • poppy123456
    davet said:
    hi poppy,

not sure which form I got, I was asked questions then asked to leave the room, on my return there was a newly typed form waiting for me telling what my award would be, I will attempt to ring them, but I am disgusted that they cannot respond to a letter, they have my phone number and e mail address
    When i asked about the form, i meant the form you received from DWP to fill in and return by end of August. I didn't mean what you received from the Tribunal. It will tell you on the form if it's a PIP2 or not.

Those awarded at Tribunal are usually contacted by DWP about 14 weeks before their award is due to end.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    davet said:
    hi government needs reform,
    I have actually taken the time to refer to my old criminal law books, and this action fully meets the criteria for blackmail. I therefore intend to write to my MP advising her of this, although she is new to thepost she does seem to willing to get involved in misjustices, I did in fact consider reporting it to the police as I actually have the proof in writing, but I doubt they will take any action

@davet Thanks, that sounds positive, you reading your law books, nice one, yes I agree to with you.

I believe if you can get some backing to prove this government this in the wrong regarding blackmail, et cetera .

Hopefully if some of your old contacts could help it would really help to.

Time to stop this persecution of the vulnerable.

I'm posting a link regarding how wrong this system is. To many people are dying because of this treatment, if you can, and prove to get justice far anyone please help.

This case.Amber Rudd & Imminent Court Date

At last, as of 20th May 2019 we have now been handed a forensically documented case where the DWP officials were warned that their gerrymandered “Health Assessment” processes were causing a client to have hypertensive blood pressure crisis that was risking his life. Here is a callous example of this Russian Roulette approach the DWP adopt towards disabled citizens and their health, injury and death…

Scroll down and you will see why the DWP and Amber Rudd will hopefully be held to account.

This is also a list of claimants have died or committed suicide because of this awful system. 

https://calumslist.org/
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @davet, As the original poster should know as a former police officer the information reference that his PIP will stop if the forms are not returned by a stated date is not Blackmail. Those of us who drive have house and car insurance will know that you get a reminder of the upcoming renewal date. And if you fail to renew then your insurance will stop, most insurance companies will remind you a few days before your expiry date that you will not have insurance cover. Its not blackmail just common sense to remind you if you don’t reply then your benefit will stop.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @davet, I understand how frustrating reviews can be, especially when you have a condition which doesn't change or will continue to get worse.

I hope the process goes as smoothly as possible, but I would expect another face to face assessment.
    Scope

• davet
    thank you chloe

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.