New and in need of help - Autistic son awarded nothing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New and in need of help - Autistic son awarded nothing

ishrose
ishrose Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited August 2019 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hello. I am new to the forum, although I have been grateful of the help on the site. I have an autistic son aged 23. Today I have received the letter saying he has been awarded nothing -- no points, so I am upset and angry as they have not listened to us. I will bew glad of your support as I fight this. Thankyou. Ishbel

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ishrose   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what has happened.

I am one of the team of community champions on the forum.  We guide, advise and help new members.

Please can I suggest you appeal any decision . We have lots of information on appeals on our website.  You will need to do a Mandatory Reconsideration.  Have a look on our website will explain more to you.

Many members have been through the same experiences. Including myself.

I would also speak to CAB . They have expertise and knowledge in everything  appeals.

Please if we can help with any thing please ask.

We are here to support you . You are not alone.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    @ishrose

Hello ishrose welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about your son not getting any points. I take it this is for PIP? If so you have the right to challenge the decision, please have a look at the link below.
    https://www.autism.org.uk/about/benefits-care/appeals.aspx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ishrose welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this, what benefit is this related to?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ishrose
    Hi everyone and thanks for your replies and helpful advice. Yes it is indeed PIP - he has had DLA for 14 years and now they say he should have nothing. I will study the information. Thankyou
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    @ishrose

You are welcome we are here to help! Let us know how you get on.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ishrose

I am very very sorry to hear about your son’s Pip.

We have got lots of info & advice on our site.

There is also many members including myself who have/are going through the “Pip Process”

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with???

@steve51
  • ishrose
    Hi @steve51 thanks for your response. I am so angry and disappointed at how we are failed, but will keep fighting. I am going to read through the sections here on what to do then get cracking with it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ishrose and a warm welcome to the community! I hope the answers on this thread and the other thread in the PIP section have helped. Please do let me know if there is anything else we can do to help :) 
    Scope

• steve51
    Hi @ishrose

No probs, yes please have a good look at the info. 

Please please let me know if you need any further help???

@steve51

• ishrose
    Hi @steve51 I have asked for the medical report from the F2f then plan to go through the details highlighting the areas I consider. inaccurate. The report on the PIP letter contains many inaccuracies. I included medical reports but did not have letters from individuals backing up what I said. I am now thinking of getting those from the GP, education, family friends and a support worker. Is there anything else I should submit with the MR? I find that every time I go to start my mind goes blank as it is so important. Any other tips for the MR? I know it may not succeed at that level but it's another step forward. Thanks so much everyone for helping us.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ishrose and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I am very sorry to hear of your issues with your son's PIP and hope you get things sorted out.  If we can be of any further help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    Hi @ishrose

No probs - here is some info below for you.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/preparing-for-pip-assessment/

Please let me know if you want a hand going through this info????

@steve51
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    ishrose said:
    Hi @steve51 I have asked for the medical report from the F2f then plan to go through the details highlighting the areas I consider. inaccurate. The report on the PIP letter contains many inaccuracies. I included medical reports but did not have letters from individuals backing up what I said. I am now thinking of getting those from the GP, education, family friends and a support worker. Is there anything else I should submit with the MR? I find that every time I go to start my mind goes blank as it is so important. Any other tips for the MR? I know it may not succeed at that level but it's another step forward. Thanks so much everyone for helping us.
    Circle misleading information with a red pen. My son has SB and his first assessment report was full of ****. Prepare well. There is more information here https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Challenging-a-Personal-Independence-Payment-decisi/Ask-for-Mandatory-Reconsideration
    Do you have a social worker or not? I could not literally have coped without our one. 
  • steve51
    Hi @ishrose

No probs I’m very very happy in helping you as much as I can ???

I will go through things later for you as we have got some good info on our website.

Please please let me know if that is okay????

@steve51
  • ishrose
    @steve51 that is very kind thankyou. I am gathering information then will start going through things so will certainly ask for help then. I am going away for a long weekend but wanted to get as much gathered as I could before then. I am hoping the report from the F2F will come soon so I can then start going through all the points.
  • steve51
    Hi @ishrose

Yes please please let me know if you need a hand ? going through things.

I  am very very happy ? in helping/supporting you if required????

Brightness