Appeal won, backpay start date??? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal won, backpay start date???

Options
nikkif
nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all good  news for me today won my tribunal which wasn't as bad a I thought it would be. All questions were relevant noone tried to "trick" me and the right decision was made. My question now is does the backpay start from date of appeal or date of application for pip. Thanks. 

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @nikkif

It starts from your phone call to the PIP helpline to claim.

If it was a new claim.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi @nikkif. Congratulations on your tribunal win. How are you getting on? I hope Atlas has been able to answer your question.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • nikkif
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope, hiya thanks for ur message yes I understand now thanks also had letter from tribunal with confirmation of start date now just playing the waiting game with the DWP to pull their fingers out ??? and get the correct paperwork and payments put through the system. X
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Fingers crossed it doesn’t take too much longer and you receive your backpay soon!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    nikkif said:
    @Adrian_Scope, hiya thanks for ur message yes I understand now thanks also had letter from tribunal with confirmation of start date now just playing the waiting game with the DWP to pull their fingers out ??? and get the correct paperwork and payments put through the system. X
    Hi @nikkif Congratulations. I too won my PIP appeal 31st July. Exactly a week later I got a call from the DWP. They asked a few security questions and then told me that I would get my back payment etc put through the system, and I would get a letter very soon. I did not ring them first, as I thought that it would take weeks to come through.
    The only problem that I have is, on the decision notice it states that, "It is inappropriate to fix a term". I was wondering if @Poppy123456 could enlighten me on it.
    Thank you. xx
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Cazann

This means you have been awarded an ongoing award, which will be reviewed in 10 years.

Have a closer look at the award letter.

• Cazann
    Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Cazann

This means you have been awarded an ongoing award, which will be reviewed in 10 years.

Have a closer look at the award letter.

Hi @atlas46 Thank you for your info. I have been through my award letter and cannot find anything saying, reviewed in 10 years. If, 'inappropriate to fix a term', means that then that is better than I thought.
    Thank you.
  • Hartley
    Hartley Posts: 114 Courageous
    Options
    @Cazann

The words "inappropriate to fix a term" does suggest they'll not hound you.So hopefully you can rest easy!

Well done on winning the award.?
  • Cazann
    Options
    Hartley said:
    @Cazann

The words "inappropriate to fix a term" does suggest they'll not hound you.So hopefully you can rest easy!

Well done on winning the award.?
    Hi @Hartley. Thank you. x :)
  • nikkif
    Options
    @Cazann, well done you. I haven't heard a thing from DWP hoping they arent attempting an appeal, will wait with fingers crossed. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They can't appeal without first requesting the statement of reasons and record of proceedings and they have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this. If they request these they will write to you. Requesting them doesn't mean they're appealing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.