Incontinence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Incontinence

tampaxnappys
tampaxnappys Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i suffer from incontinence since 18-05-1985.IS THERE ANY ONE WHO HAS THE SAME CONDITION I HAVE

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hello @tampaxnappys   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.  I am sure there will be members who can identify what you are going through. Who might be in touch to offer support and advice.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide and advise and help new members who join the community.

Please can I ask have you contacted The Bladder and Bowel Organisation.?  For anything further they can help with.

https://www.bladderandbowel.org..

General Enquiries 01926 357220.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, yeh, first thing is to either self refer or ask GP to refer you to The Continence Service. I did that several years ago. They are very helpful. I had urge incontinence and retention.

When my legs gave up the ghost and I needed the loo hourly, I decided to go for a catheter. Tried the urethral one for 5 months, but didnt get on with it. I`ve had a supra pubic one for 6 years. it makes life easier for full time wheelchair users.

I have tried many different medications...vesicare, oxybutynin, and tolterodine. I find betmiga the best. They are all bladder calmers.

Is it urinary incontinence you suffer with, or bowel?
  • Tiffy1691
    Tiffy1691 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    I have spinal stenosis, I also had a hysterectomy a couple of years ago so I don't know what is causing my problems. For my bowels, it's mainly constipation issues so I drink plain hot water from afternoon to evening (a trick my mum used to swear by) and it works for me. As for bladder, I use sanitary pads and sleep on incontinence sheets. I have a commode next to my bed and wet wipes in my drawer. I can't control myself on getting up from my bed so try to be quick, if I'm not quick enough then I have a smaller incontinence sheet on the floor or the dog gets it! 

Brightness