ESA assessment - home visit? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA assessment - home visit?

rachel1988
rachel1988 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi has anyone been awarded a home visit for ESA assessment,I was awarded one in July and still haven't had it,I have been given one as I am unable to leave the house,I have agoraphobia,I'm also very nervous about what will happen 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Dear Rachel1988
    I would contact DWP and ask them as you do not want to find that your next letter is shutting down your claim.
    Debsidoo.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rachel1988

I agree with @debsidoo that you should give them a call to find out what is happening.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • rachel1988
    Thank you,I have contacted the assessors and they said they don't know when it will happen
  • rachel1988
    I have got my appointment through for next week,I am so nervous as I don't know what they are going to ask/say
  • rachel1988
    Had it now,he was lovely,just wondered what happen now and what will happen with money 
  • kellrick
    kellrick Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    did you get your esa just wondering has i have asked for a home visit i had to send them a doctors letter which cost me 45 pounds
  • danny1986
    danny1986 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    hi there I was wondering how it turned out did you get your esa ???
  • danny1986
    at what point do you need too tell them you need a home visit is it   once they tell you you need too be accessed as im still filling out my form ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    You can request it on the form but you'll need a supporting letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danny1986
    ok so you don't wait until   the letter of a assement comes through the post ???
  • poppy123456
    Just add the request to the form, it may or may not be seen but at least you will have requested it. Then send the letter of support from your GP with the form.

Yes, the appointment date comes in the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danny1986
    ok I meant do you not need the letter saying you cant attend a face too face until they notifly you that you need too be accessed face too face 
  • poppy123456
    Most people have face to face assessments so i'd advise you to get the letter and send it in preparation if possible. If you can't get the letter in time for when you send the form off then just request it in the form and then speak to your GP.
  • MollieMoo
    MollieMoo Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Hi.  I waited nearly 18 months for a doctor to do my home assessment.  I was beginning to think they had perhaps decided not to do one
  • danny1986
    ok thanks how did yours go was you happy with the result 
  • regularirregular
    regularirregular Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    There are only doctors who do home visits for these WCAs and there is a pilot for nurses doing it as well but don't know how widespread that is.
    My advice is that if you are receiving the benefits and have proof that CHDA received your questionnaire and medical professional letter confirming need for a home visit, just hold on and wait for them to let you know the date.
    Trying to push for home visit might result in you having the assessment and losing the benefits if you are deemed fit for work.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.