Hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

annsimpson
annsimpson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My name is Ann and I'm 62, I have arthitus in my back, hips, knees and feet and have just been given my first blue badge, I have a mobility scooter for longer distances as I can't walk far but still ride my electric bike and still have a cleaning job. I enjoy swimming especially outdoors and if anyone in Cambridge fancies coming with me to Jesus Green Lido then please get in touch, I do drive but don't enjoy it by myself as I'm a nervous driver, don't really have any friends and a unsympathetic husband anyway Hi to everyone.

Comments

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    @annsimpson

Hello Ann we welcome you to our community forum!

Not to worry you will find us be a supportive community and a great place to make new friends! 

I enjoy swimming myself, most of it being indoor pools as I am in London, it's free for me, one of the perks of working in a sports centre! Now that the heatwave is over it should be nice for outdoor swimming.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @annsimpson   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We are here to help and advise give support to new members who have joined.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly.  Please ask if we can help with anything please ask.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @annsimpson and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing your story with us.  Glad to hear you enjoy swimming.  I used to swim also, but can't now due to my pain.  I have a mobility scooter too which I use to get out and about locally.  They are great for independence!  I look forward to seeing you around the Community and hope you enjoy your time here.  If there is anything we can help you with at all then please don't hesitate to ask us.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @annsimpson

Good Morning & Welcome ??

I hope that you are having a good start to the day this morning.

Yes I used to go swimming a few years ago when I was in rehab.

But like all of my service’s this stopped once I was discharged.

Yes I have also got a unsympathetic partner.

I do hope that you have a great day!!!!!!

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us @annsimpson. Welcome to the community. :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness