Using my voice as an Author to teach about Surviving a lot of **** — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Using my voice as an Author to teach about Surviving a lot of ****

JennieApple38
JennieApple38 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
I have a long history of doing things the right way and being fine. I became unable to cope with arthritis and fatigue from a neck injury from a major accident I had age 24. I stopped working at age 27 and collected my benefits. Now I am 38 and I have sorted out a lot of problems with the help of a Doctor in Canada and my new family because I married my best friend. After careful reflection and research, I decided that my main disabilty has been emotional trauma. I wish to expose the abuse my Mother inflicted on me on an emotional level. I have written about 50 pages of very revealing insights. I have a bit of a grudge. I believe that the reason I was allowed to be abused was 1. My Mother was a respected person in society in USA. 2. She was a pathological Narcissist. 3. She became obsessed with getting people into trouble and so the law with the way the medical system worked, became a nightmare to me. I want to proceed exposing a lot of things and I am too scared to live in the USA where any lies a Psychiatrist writes, get taken way too seriously. I am told by a few people I could make a lot of enemies by sharing my story. But the point of the story is to show how the medical establishment can do so much damage, they can allow a Mother to harm their own child on a very profound level. My story is so unusual and so peculiar, I believe it can help heal a lot of people. It could even be made into a film it is so unbelievable what the people in my family have gotten away with! I am told I still have a personality psychological disorder but I cope with my Depression better and I am believe I can transition back to full time career next year once I graduate from a special program next year. I have come very far and I really want to point out in my story that teen agers need to have more protections against predators in America, even from family. This is where a lot of my mental issues started. Things like my Mother telling me if I did not help her with her hair style, she would sell me for sex, these threats, they happen more than people think. Do you think I should expose the doctors that failed to recognize it? Do you think I should leave some information out because people might lose credibility? There are doctors who are still practicing today from this time period.
I hope you understand my interest. It is to expose a broken system. Also, I have a degree in Sociology with a focus in Womens Studies.
Thank you for reading everyone!
Jennie
Follow the passion that is within you  B) 
The truth will set you free

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to Scope!
    Do you have a blog or not? 
  • JennieApple38
    Hello,
    I can get a blog eventually. Right now, I am just in my last year of a professional training programme in Canada. I am at a big turning point in my life. I feel like what would make sense is if I can handle the 9-5 thing and be an excellent 2nd Grade Teacher, my book will have a better Springboard. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JennieApple38 and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all, and I'm sorry you have had to experience this.

I imagine writing a book might be helpful for you. Could you change people's identity?

Please do let us know how you get on with it :) 
    Scope

• JennieApple38
    Hi Chloe and thanks for your response
    I think that it is possible to change their identities. Maybe I will try that. I really believe that if people can consider the ways in which vulnerable youth can be taken advantage of, and how I figured out the ways to stay out of trouble, it goes to prove many important facts. One of the things I have learned that is important for example is when a Parent is diagnosed with a history of Bi-polar or similar, they are told that their family could have the same thing. Then, next thing you know, they drill the fear into the family that they all need to be seen. Well, this is just blatant baloney. It is like a pathetic system of lies. Maybe not just for $ but also power. Meanwhile in Canada, they system might not be so heavily reliant on these lies. There is a different outlook on getting people medicated and losing their livlihood. This is something I will explore further in another time. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    If writing about your experiences will help you come to terms with it, then yeh, do so.
    But please be aware it could open up more trouble and maybe even law suits. Medical professionals insure against this.

My aunt suffered childhood trauma and told me she wrote letters to those who damaged her and then burned the letters. It helped her enormously.

Chloe`s suggestion of changing identities is the best way to go.

I am so pleased to hear you have survived your traumas and I wish you well in your future hopes.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @JennieApple38 and welcome to the community and good luck with your book!
    Writing about your experiences sounds like a great idea, but I'd be cautious about using real names. There's plenty of resources online about how to stay on the right side of the law when writing about real events.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • JennieApple38
    I think you are right. The worst thing that can happen that I can think of is my relatives will find out how ignorant they were to the issues that were going on. I personally think to make light of it, to be funny, that is part of the way people survive ****. One can be seemingly perfectly fine on the surface and even wealthy...but they have no business being a Parent.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it goes well @JennieApple38! Please do let us know how it goes :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope the process will be beneficial to you @JennieApple38! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness