Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
Bluey32
Bluey32 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
I have been awarded pip. At long last.it has been a real struggle as I've had to leave a good paid job due to my illness. Abdomino phrenic dyssynergia. My husband Mark has had to support me in every way. My monthly medication my petrol my clothes every thing. I've been awarded high rate mobility & standard rate living. I'm not sure what other benefits I can get as my husband works.  Any help would be appreciated ty x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

That's great news! Whether you're entitled to any other benefits will depend on circumstances and for this you'll need a full benefits check from an advice agency near you.

For your PIP award Enhanced mobility will entitle you to use this for a car in exchange for the weekly rate. Free road tax. Possibly a blue badge, depending on which mobility part you scored points in.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bluey32
    Bluey32 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    Ty poppie123456. I already have a car which I struggle to get in &  out of  but I only use it once a week. I just wanted to know if I will be entitled to free prescriptions as it's costing loads @ £9  per item x
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Bluey32 said:
    Ty poppie123456. I already have a car which I struggle to get in &  out of  but I only use it once a week. I just wanted to know if I will be entitled to free prescriptions as it's costing loads @ £9  per item x
    Hi you'll only get free prescriptions on means tested benefits, so get a prepayment certificate can save you a fortune pay monthly for 10 months at £10 a month, so if you have more than one item per month it’s advantageous. Your pharmacy should have advised you regarding costs. 
    https://www.gov.uk/get-a-ppc

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You may also want to take a look at the NHS low Income scheme here. https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-low-income-scheme

It will depend on your household income and a form will need to be filled in before claiming free prescriptions etc.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.