Matilda looking for Miss/Mr/Mrs Honey. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Matilda looking for Miss/Mr/Mrs Honey.

Birdsnbees
Birdsnbees Community member Posts: 75 Pioneering
Hi! My name is Birdsnbees and I'm looking for a Miss/Mr/Mrs Honey. I have essential surgery coming up on both my knees. I am frightened for upcoming surgery (never had an op before and know it will be hard waking up and recovering). The procedure is unusual and not sure how much pain I will be in.

I have an elephant called Trevor that's meant to be a door stop. I like his heaviness and he will be with me in hospital. Looking forward to meeting the community and good people :)

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome!
    What questions do you need help with? 
    Good luck for your upcoming procedure! 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Birdsnbees   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry to hear this.  Wish you well for a speedy recovery.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

In response to your question please can I advise find out on line. Look it up what you are going to have and the knowledge you could use to reassure your self.

I have been in hospital for various operations. Over the years always asked the Doctors or Surgeons what happens a lot of questions.

Also contact PALS Patient liaison in the hospital you going to . Another suggestion this me I am a Christian always contact the hospital Chaplain does help.

Please one further point I would suggest is to be good to yourself be kind, When recovering.  Have things around you to comfort and soothe you.

I used to buy music .  That relaxes and comforts me.  Use the hospital radio when recovering if they have on.

I hope that helps you.

Please have a look around our website. Plenty of members of community to help and guide you.

Heal and inspire.

Just wish you well.  Looking for a Miss or Mr or Miss Honey this is not a dating website. Hope you realise that. We have members who are from a vast spectrum of the disabled community.

Be happy to talk to you chat and offer support.

Please have a look at our Community guide lines and House Rules.

Please contact me if I can help with anything further.  Or members of our team be able to advise or members of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Birdsnbees and a warm welcome to our community. Sorry to hear the surgery has you worried. What have your doctors said about your recovery?

How long have you had Trevor? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Birdsnbees! I'm sorry to hear that, how are you feeling today?
    Scope

• Birdsnbees
    @April2018mom thanks!
    @thespiceman many thanks for your advice, I now have plenty of questions for my upcoming op :) gotta sort credit on my phone then will give them a call
    @Adrian_Scope thank you. Not much at all. Only that hopefully it will get rid of my pain (not enough room for my knee cap to slide in and out at the moment) and it will take me 3 months to recover from one. They will do both legs and from what I've heard so far they really are doing everything they can to correct everything that needs it

Trevor is a recent friend, I thought for operations upcoming it would be a good plan to have a cuddly
    I was looking at getting a pet at one point because I will be home a lot during operations - my housing is still being sorted out so at the moment not possible. Where I live is temporary and in the middle of trying to sort longer term more suitable housing

@Chloe_Scope Hi, I'm good thanks how are you?

Feeling better knowing I can ask lots of questions and be kind to myself in the recovery process. There is always a light :) Hope you are all well, currently looking at more activities I can get involved in. Had very little sleep last night and decided to get up for an art class only to discover its not on this week. A good kip later and here we are. There will be plenty happening in September can get involved in I'm sure
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Birdsnbees and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope your surgery goes well.  I know how daunting that can be as have had many operations myself and dreaded them beforehand.  I'm sure you will be fine and I wish you well in your recovery.  Nice idea to have a cuddly with you in hospital.  I hope you get your housing sorted out also.  Sorry to hear your art class wasn't on.  I hope you enjoy it and manage to find other activities to join.  If we can be of any further help to you then please just ask.  Let us know how your surgery goes.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Birdsnbees, I'm good thank you! I'm enjoying this nice (but slightly cooler) weather.

It's great that you are wanting to get involved with things. What kind of things do you like doing? I hope you can have a relaxing evening and will be able to sleep a bit more tonight. :)
    Scope

• Birdsnbees
    Hi @Ails thanks for your comments, well wishes and support. Will let you know how it goes of course :)

@Chloe_Scope glad you are good. I like arts, languages and learning instruments. I'd love to learn chess, no regular classes by me though for beginners. I did sleep better that evening and through the day had a kip. Have a few fun things to do this weekend besides that will be preparing for surgery 
  • Opus
    Opus Posts: 47 Courageous
    edited August 2019
    Hi! My name is Birdsnbees and I'm looking for a Miss/Mr/Mrs Honey. I have essential surgery coming up on both my knees. I am frightened for upcoming surgery (never had an op before and know it will be hard waking up and recovering). The procedure is unusual and not sure how much pain I will be in.

I have an elephant called Trevor that's meant to be a door stop. I like his heaviness and he will be with me in hospital. Looking forward to meeting the community and good people :smile:

Elephant?
  • Chloe_Scope
    They all sound like really interesting hobbies @Birdsnbees!! I'm glad you were able to sleep a bit better. 

I hope you have a lovely weekend! We are here if you need anything :)
    Scope

Brightness