PIPS INFORMATION BOOKLET???CAN IT BE TRUSTED? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIPS INFORMATION BOOKLET???CAN IT BE TRUSTED?

Options
Hartley
Hartley Posts: 114 Courageous
Received PIP's forms..How your disability affects you! It appears to be a guidance as to how to answer the questions and what the questions are asking of you...much like the many online guidance advice..

Is the pips to be trusted?  i mean that in the broadest sense..

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The one I found online has specimen only written on it, though it is just general guidance. It does seem reliable though.

For example under bathing it suggests mentioning supervising you to make sure you are safe, this could include having someone running the bath for you if you are likely to run it too hot, too cold or likely to forget it resulting in the bath overflowing.

You do need to think about the description, guidance and think about how your condition affects you, essentially building up a story of your life and how it is affected by your condition/s rather than the condition itself.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The guidance information supplied with the pip application form is there to be read before you start filling in the form and to refer to as you progress through the form.
    As @ Geoark stated in his post build a picture of what and how you cope, manage your daily activities in relation to the pip descriptors. Focusing on your abilities and not your conditions, disability or diagnosis and medications you take. Supply the medical evidence to support your claim but it’s all about your abilities in relation to the descriptors.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.