Any opinions on PURPLE ELLA? Youtuber. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any opinions on PURPLE ELLA? Youtuber.

Was just curious if anyone has heard of Purple Ella on youtube?

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    is it a celeb?..a health condition? or what?
  • pollyanna1052
    just googled it...ah I see.....all clear now x
  • boriswho
    boriswho Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    i like her seems like a nice honest girl who knows tho im going through something similar to what she went throught with atos capita maximus  dwp except she seems to understand things better...
  • Opus
    Opus Posts: 47 Courageous
    edited August 2019
    boriswho said:
    i like her seems like a nice honest girl who knows tho im going through something similar to what she went throught with atos capita maximus  dwp except she seems to understand things better...
    I'm  not so convinced!....There are numerous videos and many of them..where she is going all over England from Bristol.....london underground,,,,steps......large speeches to 100s of people....lunches out....walking easily....4 days tenting holiday....Just look at the videos.......if you put that activity in PIPS and told them ,this is what you can do...a big fat Zero would rightfully be given.
  • pollyanna1052
    You`re so right. Being in receipt of high level PIP does not mean you just sit a t home and do nothing. What it looks at is how much help you need to do anything!
  • Opus
    edited August 2019
    You`re so right. Being in receipt of high level PIP does not mean you just sit a t home and do nothing. What it looks at is how much help you need to do anything!
    She clearly inflated her inabilities...have you even looked at the videos..??
  • Opus
    edited August 2019
    Hart86 said:
    Opus said:
    I'm  not so convinced!....There are numerous videos and many of them..where she is going all over England from Bristol.....london underground,,,,steps......large speeches to 100s of people....lunches out....walking easily....4 days tenting holiday....Just look at the videos.......if you put that activity in PIPS and told them ,this is what you can do...a big fat Zero would rightfully be given.
    I’ll admit I don’t know if Purple Ella but I think you’re being incredibly judgemental and don’t seem to understand disability or pip. Disabled people can live full lives and claiming pip shouldn’t hinder that either. An extreme example but the great Stephen Hawking would have been able to claim as he would have had additional care needs but he’s done things, been places and delivered speeches most of us could only dream of.
    My conditions prevent me from doing many of the activities listed, but with the right preparation and adaptations most people can do most things. 

In fact a friend of mine I know receives PIP has just gotten back from 2 weeks in Disney World. Given that he’s a permanent wheelchair user it took more planning, expense and his carer to go with the family but nothing stops him going on his adventures and why should it?? 
    youre using a wheel chair user thats a completely different scenario....and in your own words you havent even watched Purple Ella...so youre basing your half ***** emotional conclusion on just that..

its purile
  • Opus
    Hart86 said:
    Opus said:
    I’ll admit I don’t know if Purple Ella but I think you’re being incredibly judgemental and don’t seem to understand disability or pip. Disabled people can live full lives and claiming pip shouldn’t hinder that either. An extreme example but the great Stephen Hawking would have been able to claim as he would have had additional care needs but he’s done things, been places and delivered speeches most of us could only dream of.
    My conditions prevent me from doing many of the activities listed, but with the right preparation and adaptations most people can do most things. 

In fact a friend of mine I know receives PIP has just gotten back from 2 weeks in Disney World. Given that he’s a permanent wheelchair user it took more planning, expense and his carer to go with the family but nothing stops him going on his adventures and why should it?? 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/disability-benefit-cheat-who-claimed-9753145

Disability benefit cheat who claimed £500,000 for bad back caught on video dancing to Michael Jackson

I guess this is ok in your view..
  • Opus
    It does if you claimed you couldnt do things you are seen to do regularly...
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    This thread seems to have served its purpose. As a result it's being closed and I'm issuing a gentle reminder of the community guidelines.
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness