Appeal...send via post or do online? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal...send via post or do online?

Dinkysaurus
Dinkysaurus Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
I am currently getting together my appeal information.
I have the MR and on the reverse it tells me that I can send the SSC1 form or I can appeal online.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone actually appealed online? 
I would like to hear how the process worked. Is it better to send via post?
Is there room to add all the things I disagree with etc?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    If online is an option for you, I highly suggest you do that.

The post has all sorts of risks.  Typically either getting lost or delays.

When I sent my evidence for backdated ESA to the DWP it took them 2 months to acknowledge receipt of it and that was only after MP intervention.

When I sent my PIP application form it took nearly 3 months.

Online will be far far quicker and wont get lost.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dinkysaurus, it is possible to send it online. I guess this is completely up to you. :)

I am unsure about the differences in how they are processed unfortunately. I would assume this is the same.
    Scope

• Dinkysaurus
    Dinkysaurus Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi

Thank you for your replies.
    I have sent it today online.
    The process was very simple and straight forward. You put in your personal details then you get as much space as you need to tell them why you are appealing the decision. I had it all written out first then typed it in. 
    Immediately it was sent I received an email and a text message telling me they had received my online appeal and it will be logged with HMTC within 3 days. They will contact me then with further instructions where to send any further evidence ( I did scan some in and added it online today.) and also what will happen next.
    They also sent me an email containing everything I had just written too. ( my copy )
    So thats it. Just to wait now. Im sure it will be at least this time next year before I have a hearing.
    Look on the bright side Christmas is coming  :D  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dinkysaurus and thank you for taking the time to update us on this! It sounds like an easy process, so thank you for sharing this. :)

I wish you the very best of luck with the appeal and please do be in touch if we can help you with anything else. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.