Disability concessions. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability concessions.

Options
nikkif
nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I would go about using a disabilty concession. Eg london zoo, Hampton court etc I know they provide a concession hut not sure how to fo about arranging tickets. Any info would be great. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi @nikkif, this can depend on the venue. Most places however ask for proof with a copy of a PIP letter or similar. :)

This article may help: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/money-saving-tips-and-discounts-for-disabled-people
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

A carer can go free in a lot of places but you'll need a copy of either a PIP or DLA award to receive this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi @nikkif
    i don’t know about all but when I signed up for disability concessions at our Theatre I had to take my proof of disability with me the first time.They then updated their system so that any subsequent tickets I bought automatically applied the concession at checkout.Hope this helps.Tickets can be done most places over the phone or online.Proof will need to be taken when you pick up your tickets.
        Debsidoo.x
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Options
    I've never had any problems getting concessions when buying tickets at the venues, but it's not always easy when paying online. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.