PIP Letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Letter

daviddnic
daviddnic Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hello I’ve just joined this group I have had 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes I am the recipient of PIP and ESA I got a letter basically telling me my PIP is ongoing for the next 10 years !!!! At this point I realised I’ll be 69 years old GULP ! Has anyone else received this letter? Thank you and once again Hello !!! 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daviddnic welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what you've been through. I have a 10 year award too, and I'm sure a couple of members do too :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hell hello and welcome, this 10 year award is the new long term award being awarded where the claimants conditions will remain the same or worsen with no signs of improvement likely hence the 10 year award.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daviddnic and a very warm welcome to the community! How are you doing today?

Like others have said, this means that you have around 10 years before you will be assessed again. I hope this helps. :)
    Scope

• daviddnic
    Thank you all for your warm welcome I kinda thought that this may be the case! I presume any time I need my PIP reference I use the one I was given after my last assessment? It’s a bitter sweet thing really sweet to know you don’t have to go through the process again but bitter in that it’s basically telling you that part of your life is over ! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daviddnic, that's right. You will be able to use that as reference. Sometimes they need a letter within the past year. All this means is that you'd have to ring up and request a new letter for the current award. I hope this makes sense :)
    Scope

• daviddnic
    It does and thank you  ! 
  • jackie005
    jackie005 Community member Posts: 25 Courageous
    WOW, I'm getting so much helpful info from this site. I had no idea about the new 10 year awards which is a huge step forward. Have shared to the other site I belong to.. Thank you for so much helpful info..
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    jackie005 said:
    WOW, I'm getting so much helpful info from this site. I had no idea about the new 10 year awards which is a huge step forward. Have shared to the other site I belong to.. Thank you for so much helpful info..
    They don't apply to everyone. Those of state pension age are those that they do include.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.