F2F report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

F2F report

lyndzmac
lyndzmac Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi all

So my f2f was 2 weeks ago come Wednesday so I called and requested copy of the assesment and it came straight away... well I just don't know what to think. She's twisted a lot of things in "their favour" which if it went to MR or tribunal I could deal with. Looking at the points she has scored according to the report I've 8 for daily living and 10 for mobility.. so standard rate for both with an award her for min 2yrs.. my question is
can I take it as read that is what I will be awarded?? Im already planning for an MR but bringing it as if i was fighting for higher rates but if I'm awarded as per the report I won't MR as in scared of it going the other way and they take it all off me...hope that makes sense
. My head is battered!!!!.... 
Thanks in advance x

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    according to advice given by poppy (and what I have read about internal DWP guidance), this is very likely going to be whats awarded by the decision maker at the DWP, but until you get the letter nothing is certain.

I dont have an opinion on whether you should fight for more, tribunals "usually" will not reconsider existing awards and only an upgrade but they are allowed to reconsider the lot, legally they are there to make an entire new decision.

I can tell you I am kind of in a similar position to you where I feel I Could get more than awarded but probably wont fight it if the DWP awards what the AP recommends.  But I dont want to push you in that direction as its your own decision to make.  The advantages of keeping what you get is you dont have the stress of worrying about it and can get on with your life, the disadvantage is of course you get less money than you would if you appealed it and won.  If you appeal the process will very likely last much longer than a year so its a lot of stress to deal with.

Good luck in what you decide.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They mostly go with the report yes, it's rare to go against it but it can happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lyndzmac, you can't apply for an MR before you have a decision letter. However, here is some information about the MR process if this is something you'll need.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help! :)
    Scope

• lyndzmac
    lyndzmac Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Thanks for all your replys... think the best thing for me to do is just sit tight and wait for decision letter.. getting all bent out of shape stressing about the ifs and maybes isn't worth making myself poorly over... I'll let u know how it all pans out and thanks again for your advice xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    That is very true @lyndzmac! I hope you are able to relax. :)

Any plans for this afternoon?
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I`m thinking from what I`ve read, there isnt much point in asking for a report on your f2f if it isnt an acutal decision, is it? If it causes a lot more stress when the report reads different to what you expected, why ask for it? Does this make sense please?x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessment report isn't the decision, it's a recommendation only but the decision maker will mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it.

Receiving the report can help you know what the decision is likely to be and if you're not happy with it then you can start to write the MR letter but of course you'll need to wait for the decision before you can request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Mmmm. dont think I`ll want my report before I get the actual decision. It could cause more stress. Thankyou x
  • Chloe_Scope
    That's okay @pollyanna1052, it's completely up to you if you want to see the report. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.