PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

underpressure
underpressure Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi. Wondered if anyone could advise - sent my completed PIP application form back 3 months ago, after a number of phone calls asking me questions PIP lady  said next time they would contact me would be with a decision. Ive not been called in for a face to face. they then wrote to me first week in June saying they had all the info they needed and they would write to me with a decision. Then  2 weeks ago  I had another phone call asking me more questions. I answered the questions and then said i was surprised to have a phone call as id had the letter saying they had all info they need. She said id hear within a week. Ive Still heard nothing saying what their decision is. 
Ive been on long term DLA for a long time as have chronic condition and unable to work. Im worrying myself crazy about the outcome of this. How long did others wait please? Just a rough idea? Should i phone and ask if decision has been made or be prepared to wait for much longer?   

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales and i really wish sometimes they wouldn't send that letter to people. That letter is a standard letter they send to everyone but it doesn't really mean anything. A decision could still 2-8 weeks sometimes longer.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Even though you had a paper based assessment there will still be a report written and returned to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @underpressure and welcome to the community. I hope Poppy's been able to answer your question, but if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @underpressure :)
    Scope

• underpressure
    HI,

There's no timescales and i really wish sometimes they wouldn't send that letter to people. That letter is a standard letter they send to everyone but it doesn't really mean anything. A decision could still 2-8 weeks sometimes longer.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Even though you had a paper based assessment there will still be a report written and returned to DWP.

• underpressure
    Thank you for your reply Poppy, much appreciated. ?
  • underpressure
    Welcome to the community @underpressure :)

• underpressure
    Thank you Chloe_Scope  ?
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    nightmare, innit!x
  • underpressure
    Yes @pollyanna1052 it really is. Its such a negative exercise having to focus so hard on everything that is wrong and then being scrutinised and judged about it til the eight degree and then being kept waiting for so long to wether you are sick enough to be entitled to recieve it.
    It makes me so sad ?
    i wouldnt even bother to try claiming it if i could afford to live without it, is a horrible experience but having a disability is expensive ☹️
    Roll on my next life where i intend on not being disabled  and being pain free. ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @underpressure, I understand how difficult it can be to write about all the negative aspects of our lives. When I filled out my PIP form I did it in stages (otherwise it would have been too overwhelming!) and I used to always write a list of positive things afterwards. I guess this just helped me balance everything. :)
    Scope

• underpressure
    @Chloe_Scope i didnt dwell on the form for too long after it had gone in the envelope to them, but it just feels like its hanging over me until they make their decision but i guess there isnt much i can do about that. 

Thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread though. Your knowledge has been well received. At least I dont feel on my own anymore. 

Thankyou ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @underpressure, I'm glad you were able to put it out of your mind, it is understand it still hanging there until you get a decision though.

You certainly are not alone. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.