Barriers / Discrimination in the workplace — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Barriers / Discrimination in the workplace

Options
Emma_Lord
Emma_Lord Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone. I am Emma and I am doing some research about barriers in the workplace. I have started a project called Loud Voices that aims to bring together anyone facing a barrier in the workplace or during the employment process. This project is inspired by two things; firstly, my own experience with anxiety and depression at work and the stigma associated with it, and my current job working with adults with disabilities to support them into employment.

I am building a forum and writing a book about the impact of barriers and discrimination at work, and I am looking to talk with people about their own personal stories that I will include in the book. More specifically, I am looking for a 300 - 400 word contribution, The idea is that anyone reading will be able to relate to someone in the book. 

If anyone is interested in chatting to me about this please email emma@loud-voices.org.

The overall aim is to reduce stigma and promote inclusion in the workplace through a healthier dialogue and a more empathetic approach.

Thanks all!

Emma

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Emma_Lord and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all and I wish you the very best of luck with your project. :)

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team.  Posts on the Events, research and opportunities is the only board that permits the publishing of an email, contact number or survey link.  Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them. 

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines 

Scope

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.