ESA3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA3

mel15
mel15 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi they recieved my ESA  forms on 11th july i was on contribution  based ESA from 2012 too 2014 so not sure if they owe me something i was single just seperated from my husband so this was my only income how long did  folk wait too hear back and how long does this take too be reassessed 

Comments

• mel15
    Hi esa have received my esa3 backdate forms back on 11th july how long does it take too be assessed how long did folk wait too hear back ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's currently huge backlogs regarding the IB to ESA underpayments and decision times are taking between 12-20 weeks, from the time they receive your form. Once you're assessed they will send you a decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mel15 and a very warm welcome to the community! I have merged your posts and I hope @poppy123456's reply was helpful. If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know! :)
    Scope

• mel15
  • jenny_ann
    jenny_ann Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi, my form went back 13 weeks ago and I still haven’t heard anything but I’m told it’s about to go to processing whatever that means.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    jenny_ann said:
    Hi, my form went back 13 weeks ago and I still haven’t heard anything but I’m told it’s about to go to processing whatever that means.
    Hi,

12-20 weeks, is what DWP are saying it takes but there's really no timescales to any decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.