To complain about PIP assessor? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

To complain about PIP assessor?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited August 2019
    @AhhBisto They like to stress us out don't they? I've probably had my award dropped to standard because I had someone who clearly didn't understand my MH problems, told porkies and contradicted himself in the report.. I've been very annoyed since reading it and it's impacted my health.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    WF2k said:
    I don't know if it's correct, but Welfare Rights wanted me to wait for the decision before I make a complaint?

@WF2k - I'm sure Welfare Rights give perfectly good advice, but it crosses my mind that if you wait for a decision (and are refused) then making a complaint might look like sour grapes?

• firefly22
    firefly22 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    WF2k said:
    @AhhBisto They like to stress us out don't they? I've probably had my award dropped to standard because I had someone who clearly didn't understand my MH problems, told porkies and contradicted himself in the report.. I've been very annoyed since reading it and it's impacted my health.

This is how I feel. It's really hit me hard, and it keeps running through my mind too, and the contradictions are really bothering me too! 

All I can do is try to put in a complaint because otherwise I'll keep coming back to it!
  • firefly22
    WF2k said:
    It's definitely is worth complaining, I've read different posts on another forum where people have done just that and the company have said they are at fault and have given compensation to people. You do have to push it though, when I initially email to ask how I go about complaining, they tried to pass the buck to the DWP but that's not going to work with me.

I don't know if it's correct, but Welfare Rights wanted me to wait for the decision before I make a complaint?

I'm going to be making a complaint myself when I finally get the decision.

Hope you get somewhere if you do complaint. Keep us posted please :)

I doubt anything will come of it, especially any compensation, I don't see that happening.

They'll probably brush it off, but I just am really annoyed about it, and that I was unlucky enough to get her (at least I have been lucky with my other ones, especially my ESA one this year) but there's so many things in it that are just not right, and her leaving off some of my disorders, and then her assumptions, it's just too much.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2019
    @cristobal yeap they've given me different bits of advice that have made me question if I still want their help or not to be honest, it differs from Mike's on here and honestly after seeing my form and the lack of info etc. I really lack trust for them, plus I'm on my third officer. 

@firefly22 Who knows what will happen, they might acknowledge, they might not, at least you've tried :) 

I found this link, I think it was tweeted out on Twitter - https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/wow-questionnaire-responses-show-assessors-are-still-lying/

There's a link there where it says "Assessing the Assessors campaign", it takes you to a form, I've filled it in and sent it.

(Hope it was ok to post the link).
  • firefly22
    Just a little update so far.

I called the DWP, the woman was quite shocked about the assessor and didn't think someone like this should be doing this.I was quite surprised really, she was so nice and said I should think on the MR and said they aren't strict with the times and I have a while to think on it. I'm not going to, but she was really nice and understanding.

I then had to call the company formerly known as ATOS and ask for a complaint form. That woman also took down some details and she said her conduct wasn't right too and recommended the complaints form.

Anyway, it's arrived and I'm filling it all in with everything. I don't know what will result from it, but at least it's out there.

Also, the ATOS woman said if I ever need to go back I can ask not to have her again as I have a good case.

I just thought I'd update you.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for updating us @firefly22! I'm glad you were able to make a complaint and I hope something will be done about it, so it doesn't happen to anyone else.
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    Thanks for the update @firefly22

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.