Have appeal date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have appeal date

hags
hags Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone I've received appeal date for my son 16 ADHD I have control over his money etc so I am responsible for his appeal and to be honest I'm terrified. His assessor came to our house and scored him zero points on everything he was in receipt of DLA. I got a copy of her report and to be honest it was a fairy story I think the only thing that was true was my son's name

Comments

• Tobias
    Tobias Posts: 46 Courageous
    hags said:
    Hi everyone I've received appeal date for my son 16 ADHD I have control over his money etc so I am responsible for his appeal and to be honest I'm terrified. His assessor came to our house and scored him zero points on everything he was in receipt of DLA. I got a copy of her report and to be honest it was a fairy story I think the only thing that was true was my son's name
    Sorry to hear these things!  it does seem to be a prevalent theme.

Even if one takes all the advice here(and its great advice) PIPS/UC ect STILL, seem to alter what was said....Its a shameful business..

There are many very knowledgeable people here..They'll soon arrive ? Hope the best for you..
  • hags
    Thankyou Tobias ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hags and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry the report was so inaccurate. I hope the mandatory reconsideration goes okay and please do keep us updated :)
    Scope

• hags
    Mandatory reconsideration went against my son this is actual appeal I have date for . I have no one to represent me or my son so am very scared
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @hags, sorry I must have misread that. I understand how hard these appeals can be. It is okay to not have a representative for a Tribunal. However, if this is something you are worried about then you can seek local advice

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else that we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• hags
    Thanks for answering me I live in n.ireland and there's not many places to get advice from but I will look. Thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @hags, you may find this discussion about PIP within Northern Ireland helpful. I know it can be a slight different process, so I hope someone on this thread might be able to offer more guidence. :)
    Scope

• hags
    Thanks will have a read of this

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.