New to the group - fibromyalgia. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to the group - fibromyalgia.

Leahharris
Leahharris Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. I’m new here. In completely fed up with being ignored by my doctors and they always seem to come across like they don’t even believe there is such a thing as fibromyalgia. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leahharris and a very warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry you have been ignored by doctors. Unfortunately I know you are not alone in this, and I hope you'll be able to find people who can relate to what you are going through.

Fibromyalgia is very real and I'm sorry there are people who have said this.

I'm tagging some users who have said they have Fibromyalgia: @deb74, @Fibro_Pincess, @Fibrosurvivor, @nikkif, @jjdd70, @jw0957

Please do let me know if we can do anything to help. :)
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leahharris and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Really sorry to hear about your experiences with doctors as it must be so frustrating when they don't understand.  You will receive lots of support here and have come to the right place.  We are here to support you so if there is anything you need then please just ask.  I look forward to seeing you around the Community.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Fibrosurvivor
    Fibrosurvivor Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi@leahharris it's fibrosurvivor my dr basically put my pain down to depression and made me feel like it was all in my head , but for years he was willing to prescribe strong painkillers, I know what is like to be made to feel that way it's not right but you know your own illness and how it affects you, my best advice is to research what you can and see a different Dr if possible it's bad enough what you're dealing with, without professionals not taking it seriously because the pain is very real very!! All the best im ,around if you want a chat ever ☺️
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Leahharris

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us @Leahharris. Welcome to the community!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness