Blue badge change of criteria — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge change of criteria

Options
arv
arv Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have spoken to wiltshire council re the above as blue badge criteria is to include hidden disabilities. My daughter is 25 and had medical form signed by GP in order that she can have C on bus pass On enquiring I was told that as she is on the old DLA will not be eligible and only PIP persons will be considered. Can any advise who is right? Thankyou Arv

Comments

• AhhBisto
    AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    My partner has got a blue badge recently and not on pip but we did provide the same evidence as pip required. We got it in a few weeks from our council using the online gov system. But I don't know how recently the law changed.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,215 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Only the high rate mobility part of DLA automatically qualifies a person for a blue badge. You can of course apply and send evidence to support her claim but whether she'll qualify will depend on her conditions and she'll most likely need an assessment.

Even those claiming PIP with hidden disabilities won't all automatically qualify, there's still criteria. The new rules for BB in England come into force on 30h August.  for those claiming PIP under following and planning a journey will need to have score 10 points in activity 11E, another other descriptor will not automatically qualify anyone under activity 11. https://www.contact.org.uk/news-and-blogs/new-blue-badge-rules-in-england-to-come-into-force-on-30-august/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness