Autism and pip refusal please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism and pip refusal please help

Options
Mrst2016
Mrst2016 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
 My son has just turned 16 and has been refused pip .... he has recieved dla since 4years old after being diagnosed with autism and auditory processing disorder  hes been refused it mainly on the basis that he attended main street school. Has anyone had any experiences about appeals mandatory reconsideration etc 
Thanks in advance xx

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mrst2016

Good Evening & Welcome.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Here is some info on pip for you below.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please let me know if you need any further help/assistance ????

@steve51

• Mrst2016
    Mrst2016 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou so much .... its so frustrating 
  • Tobias
    Tobias Posts: 46 Courageous
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Mrst2016 said:
     My son has just turned 16 and has been refused pip .... he has recieved dla since 4years old after being diagnosed with autism and auditory processing disorder  hes been refused it mainly on the basis that he attended main street school. Has anyone had any experiences about appeals mandatory reconsideration etc 
    Thanks in advance xx
    My son is 18yrs old now and at college and receives full pips..and went through mainstream school...which was a nightmare all the way through bless him..
    It shouldnt be based on his schooling at all....rather his inabilities..

PIP knew my son had attended mainstream...knew about his intense autism and vacant seizure and now in the last year he has Epilepsy ...without coming out.PIP gave him higher rate mobility..

Al i can say is collate as much info from cdc etc and your gp.....and list his inabilities.
    Im really no expert other than going through 18yrs of constant fighting to the point i nearly had the police called out against me and was banned from his last school.As he had fully snapped his forearm bone in two and they made him sit in the class room for 2 hrs ..until it got impossible to be so blinded to his pain and we were called...to say i was livid is an understatement.. and to this day...i look forward to meeting his x headmaster at some point in the future.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mrst2016

That’s no probs!!!!!!!

Yes nothing is easy nowadays!!!!!!

I am currently awaiting my “M/R”

They will have it back until they get it right I’m it for the “long haul”

@steve51

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.