Change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances

Options
bi786
bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
husband left home hasn’t reported change he main claimant on claim an have has no adress  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If you're claiming a benefit as a couple then the changes need to be report if you're no longer together.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bi786
    bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Options
    That’s fine but I have no adress any contact is he still entitled to it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As he's the main claimant then yes, he's entitled to claim it but if you were claiming as a couple then he will be claiming too much money. If you're not working then you will need to arrange benefits for yourself, as all areas are now a full Universal credit area then it will be this you'll need to claim.

I'd advise a visit to your local CAB for a benefits check.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.