Housing benefit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing benefit

Options
bi786
bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
I’m on pip an just been told im entitled housing benefit using pip award does this mean I’m entitled to  extra sdp aswell 

plus calculater on housing benefit  shows im entitled to full rent  weekly an my council tax it says I’m entitled to £101 a week  an that’s confusing as that payments is4 times more then wat I should pay monthly 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bi786, I sujest you contact you local council who will let you know if you will get the full amount which will also depend on your financial circumstances, and you will have to supply prove of entitlement and your last 3 months bank statements. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is that council tax reduction figure definitely weekly, not monthly?  You'd need a mansion to spend that amount on council tax!

As above though, you can't rely on those calculators, go direct to your council for the correct info. :)

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,361 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Looking back at your previous thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/62581/esa-help#latest I see you were claiming ESA as a couple with your partner who moved out. As your partner was the main claimant for the ESA then the only benefit you now claim is Universal Credit.

The only ones that can start a new claim for housing benefit are those who are already receiving SDP, as you're not currently receiving this then the new rules don't apply to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.