I have not received my desision on Pip or my paperwork — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have not received my desision on Pip or my paperwork

Sparklebright
Sparklebright Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hi to all'

I had my Pip assessment more than 6 weeks ago I've still not had a letter why not
I want to know my desicion so I can plan ahead. 

I phoned up wouldn't let me put call through. 
What do I do you cannot leave a message on line. 

Sparklebright. 

Comments

• buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Hi, you need to call the pip helpline on 0800 121 4433 to ask for a copy of your report, decisions are taking longer because of backlogs and could be 8 to 12 weeks. 
    Its best to call early and generally takes up to an hour to get through. 

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• Sparklebright
    Sparklebright Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Hi to all'

I phoned the above number only to be given  the Pip helpline but didn't get to speak to anyone.
    Can you send me the address to write to them please as I don't have my letter anymore. 

Sparklebright. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The number above is the correct number to ring but it can very often take an hour or more for them to answer the phone. This is the best way of contacting them because they very rarely reply to a letter that's sent. All areas also have different addresses depending on where you live.

Decisions can take 8-12 weeks depending on backlog. Once a decision's been made they send you a decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Once you have had your F2F assessment you can phone and request a copy of your assessment report which on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award letter notification.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    My recent experience has been that they answer the phone in under 20 minutes(maybe I was lucky 4 times?), my decision took less than 8 weeks, although my first request for the PA4 wasn't actioned the second was and received in 4 days.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Yeah of all the times I rang, one was no wait at all, they just answered like if you ringing a friend.

Most of the rest were within 10 minutes, the most recent was about 20 min wait, time of day seems a big factor, I am guessing the later you ring the longer the wait, the very quick ones were all morning, the 20 min wait was about midday.
  • chris74
    chris74 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    My Face to Face was over 9 weeks ago, and I still dont have a decision. My application was made in April, mine is a new application. I've been told they have a serious shortage of staff.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. If a report is sent to audit then it can significantly delay the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.