ESA and sick notes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and sick notes

Options
paullove
paullove Community member Posts: 8 Listener

Greetings .I'm on pip ,and ESA and I'm still getting letters from ESA to renew my sick note.I presumed that once on PIP,you no longer had to submitt notes every 3 months.Ironically, the last note submitted to the DWP was lost,and resulted in me being on the phone for a total of 4hrs comprising of monotonous **** ,and Vivaldi's four seasons.

be lucky good folks;peace and hugs.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,265 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP doesn't automatically entitle you to limited capability for work for ESA and you'll need to continue to send in those sick notes until you're assessed and a decision's been made on your claim. Once a decision's been made if you're successfully placed into either of the groups then you won't need to send any further sick notes. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.